Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Soldato
OP
fgsgh.jpg

affd.gif

Soldato
I swear you lot are driving a different track or cars to me - I didn't get to do the number of laps I wanted but no way was I going to be making up the seconds needed to be close to the top. Maybe CotA is just a bogey track for me or something.

I agree about the FFB of the GTR. I went the other way, moving from the Ferrari to the GTR and properly rips the wheel out your hands.

Associate
I swear you lot are driving a different track or cars to me - I didn't get to do the number of laps I wanted but no way was I going to be making up the seconds needed to be close to the top. Maybe CotA is just a bogey track for me or something.

I agree about the FFB of the GTR. I went the other way, moving from the Ferrari to the GTR and properly rips the wheel out your hands.

Part of the issue i think is whether you go high down force and smash sector 1 and 3 or try and make the time going low down force in sector 2 - or a mixture. In the F1 car I don't see where to gain a whole second, but then I'm not going with the full wing - so maybe that's it?

Also I am using a valve index in VR - never felt sick racing in VR (apart from dirt rally) but i cant do more than a few laps and then need to pit in the Ferrari... :)

Soldato
OP
I have front wing maxed and rear at 6, which was the lowest it would go and still allow me to take the esses like in the vid. It kind of is threading a needle tbf.
In my case, the relatively slow 2nd/3rd sectors were purely down to not getting a good exit onto the back straight and then a couple of questionable lines in S3 on that particular lap.

I don't think running low aero would help, as you'd lose more in the twisties than you'd gain on the straights IMO.

Back
Top Bottom