Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Soldato
OP
fgsgh.jpg

atbttb.jpg

rtbtbrb.gif

9pm cutoff, chaps :)

Soldato
Part of the issue i think is whether you go high down force and smash sector 1 and 3 or try and make the time going low down force in sector 2 - or a mixture. In the F1 car I don't see where to gain a whole second, but then I'm not going with the full wing - so maybe that's it?

Also I am using a valve index in VR - never felt sick racing in VR (apart from dirt rally) but i cant do more than a few laps and then need to pit in the Ferrari... :)

It is somewhat of a trade off circuit but I'm slower in all three sectors so I think there's just no hope for me :D

I have front wing maxed and rear at 6, which was the lowest it would go and still allow me to take the esses like in the vid. It kind of is threading a needle tbf.
In my case, the relatively slow 2nd/3rd sectors were purely down to not getting a good exit onto the back straight and then a couple of questionable lines in S3 on that particular lap.

I don't think running low aero would help, as you'd lose more in the twisties than you'd gain on the straights IMO.

Hmmmmm interesting, I had taken the nose up one (I think) and was struggling to match your speed through the esses so I'll have see if I can make it on before you deadline and see how I go.

Associate
I really enjoyed this week's track with the F2007.. I put in waay more laps than I expected!

It's a very tricky circuit to put together a decent lap on, I found T1 such a challenge with braking distance and actually hitting the apex. I felt the more I tried at it the worse I became!

The twisty section in S1 is a good challenge, there is a huge amount of time to gain or lose there.

S2 is all about getting a decent entry onto the main straight.

S3 was where i was losing most of my time early on - especially the the long right hander! Being able to finally take that flat was a nice feeling

In honor of this challenge I have made a sim rig out of some scrap wood and fitted a new spring to my G25 brake pedal - both of which made a huge difference!

Looking forward to the next one - I've been furloughed so I have some time on my hands in between child care and DIY :)

Really good to see such a nice community too, everyone i've seen on the server has been very considerate and it’s been good to follow the comments on this forum

Soldato
OP
^ :)

I'm afraid I don't have the time to write wonderful things about you all, so all I'll say is well done and keep it up! :)

Round 7 - United States GP

Ferrari F2007 - Uncle Petey - 1:36.583
Nissan GT-R GT500 - SPARC - 1:49.800
Lotus 311 - paddyqwerty1 - 2:10.118
Porsche 911 GT3 - paddyqwerty1 - 2:21.549​

This week:

Imola

Jordan 191 >>DOWNLOAD<<
Porsche 911 GT3 R (Porsche pack 3)
Porsche 962c Short Tail (Porsche pack 2)

Last edited:
Soldato
The twisty section in S1 is a good challenge, there is a huge amount of time to gain or lose there.

I mostly lost it in S1. The 1st corner was so tricky to get a good exit from. If I ever did, it was a fluke ! lol

Good times folks. That Ferrari was great fun to drive. Really enjoyed that.

Soldato
^ :)

I'm afraid I don't have the time to write wonderful things about you all, so all I'll say is well done and keep it up! :)

Round 7 - United States GP

Ferrari F2007 - Uncle Petey - 1:36.583
Nissan GT-R GT500 - SPARC - 1:49.800
Lotus 311 - paddyqwerty1 - 2:10.118
Porsche 911 GT3 - paddyqwerty1 - 2:21.549​

This week:

Imola

Jordan 191 >>DOWNLOAD<<
Porsche 911 GT3 R (Porsche pack 3)
Porsche 962c Short Tail (Porsche pack 2)

That link takes you to the Ferrari 2007, just needs to be show/13 at the end :)

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Got a G27, Nixon brake mod, Leo Bodnar pedal cable and Playseat Challenge on the way. Not quite what I wanted but decided to go the cheap route to get going again as I have a habit of buying and selling wheels.

Had a G27 with the Nixim before but never a proper mount, also had a CSR with Elite pedals in the past but long enough ago that I can't compare to the G27. Hopefully I can be consistent, looking forward to some sim racing again!

Associate
Got a G27, Nixon brake mod, Leo Bodnar pedal cable and Playseat Challenge on the way. Not quite what I wanted but decided to go the cheap route to get going again as I have a habit of buying and selling wheels.

I've just installed the Nixim brake mod a couple of days ago which has helped a lot - I have always found the brakes in sim racing so annoying until now. I'm sure a load cell pedal is another step again.

I have not heard of the Leo Bodnar pedal cable until now - Do you find much improvment from this?

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I have not heard of the Leo Bodnar pedal cable until now - Do you find much improvment from this?

I've not got it yet and never had the cable previously. Main reason is to plug the pedals in stand-alone, but apparently gives you 1024 steps of resolution vs 255 which they say allows better precision especially with throttle control. A lot of people say there's no difference and you use different drivers too, I just thought I'd try it out. Once I've got settled in with my setup I might try a back-to-back comparison.

I've seen similar being made using an Arduino but the parts cost wasn't worth it. There's also a mod for vibration motors on the pedals that looks simple enough.

Last edited:
Soldato
Forgotten how much I missed the fineries of Assetto Corsa, once I figured how to turn off the blinding sun rays. Imola looks rather fantastic in the shade hoping around in that Jordan. Bit slippy though after all ACC for a solid year.

Bit torn, taking a excursion to a Mugello multiplayer server and my favourite Corvette and remembering how bloody good it was, AC/ACC :/

Associate
Those using VR did you notice any improvement with more than 16gig of ram? just wondering (having noticed some of the same type I have on offer this week at oc) whether its worth an upgrade or not?

Soldato
Despite appearances, they're not all the same car ;)

They're all squashed Beetles in my eyes :D

Those using VR did you notice any improvement with more than 16gig of ram? just wondering (having noticed some of the same type I have on offer this week at oc) whether its worth an upgrade or not?

I run 32GB, I'll have to check RAM usage next time I go on. But I would be surprised if RAM usage got anywhere near 16GB.

Associate
I run 32GB, I'll have to check RAM usage next time I go on. But I would be surprised if RAM usage got anywhere near 16GB.

Yer when i looked at Ram usage it wasnt that high, but its tricky to see what the game is using and whether VR wants to grab anymore, more graphics card Ram hungry i imagine.

Back
Top Bottom