Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Soldato
Is everyone else running 100% boost on the TT Supra?
I initially did 90% boost as I could see that 100% was damaging the engine, but on closer inspection it doesn't look to do a lot of damage - just some strain on the gearbox? I've not really looked close enough to see what implication it has on the performance - but I would imagine that even in a worse case scenario the extra power would make up for a bit of damage for a short session.
I think doing your outlap/warm up laps at 90% and then bumping it up for your hot laps is probably the way to go with it!

Soldato
OP
Well, Mr Floyd... Your car choices have indeed challenged me. I'm a complete fish out of water with those things.

And that GT500 is ridiculous. It Corners like a train designed by Adrian Newey.
Never trust RD reviewers...

There's also something dodgy with the timing on that track. Delta doesn't work and it's not giving graph info on the tracker.
Again, my fault for not properly testing. Normal service will be resumed next week.

Last edited:
Soldato
Glad my car choice is keeping you challenged here :D

I'll skip the gt500 then, doesn't sound like I'd enjoy it. I found the delta thing a little annoying, but have lived with it. I only discovered the delta time feature last week so used to not having it anyway!

Soldato
I'll start thinking of the next combo of cars that you downforce lovers will dislike for when you are next short on ideas :D

Thinking about it, did try a downforce heavy car at the weekend that I did really enjoy as something different. The Porsche 919 Hybrid. Hated it on a 2d screen due to the visibility, but in VR it feels much better as you can look around to see out of it! Goes like a missile but doesn't feel as fidgety as some other modern race cars. Would definitely be up for that one week :)

Soldato
OP
Was gonna do an '04/'05 F1 next week, but why not? The 919's awesome and we haven't done it yet for some reason.
As for the low grip, low downforce, crappy brake road car stuff... I keep bleating on about this being a good way to expand skillsets, so I really should practice what I preach and put more time in :o

Glad you're getting on better with VR :)

Soldato
OP
As Paddy says, it should be the same procedure as installing the cars. You just overwrite the existing files.
Honestly, I'd delete them as soon as you're done driving it. The car is dumb anyway, plus they take up 1.5GB...

Associate
Not going to bother with the GT500, having too much fun in the 787B, an F1 car would have been awesome on Suzuka, the road cars feel a bit lost and frustrating tbh...definitely need downfarce to get the best out of it.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, 919 and an F1 would've been very cool here... We did do the 643 on here last time though (I know it was ages ago) and that was quality.

I think the road cars would've been better suited to the East or West layouts.

Associate
Just installed 2 new ssd’s and reinstalled Windows, Old Hdd’s sat on desk, forgot about content manager. Only had the free version, will that matter?

Back
Top Bottom