Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Soldato
OP
Yeah, it's one I've barely touched and need to learn properly.
A lot of people seem to like runing older stuff on this track with cars like the RS1600 for example. Maybe I should've chucked that in, or '74 RSR perhaps?
Anyway, it's a Lilski track using LIDAR data, and as you probably know, he's one of the most highly rated track modders out there.

@Born2BSlow Thanks again for suggesting the Goodwood thing, as it really got me liking the previously despised Type 49. You've managed to finally get me to appreciate driving certain older cars :) Many have tried...
Sliding around the fast downhill T1/T2 section in that is hilarious fun. VR is especially amazing with stuff like that.

V F

V F

Soldato
I was having fun doing some laps earlier and figured I might as well make a vid while I was there.

Still got another half a second if I can string my sectors together properly.

I believe the setup was:

Final drive: One click to the right
Aero: 19/5
Fuel: 18L

Just realised I had my recording quality set to normal instead of ultra... That explains that then :rolleyes:

That truly looks hella fun with VR. :D

Soldato
OP
Mate, it truly is a game changer that I couldn't be without :)
It's a shame that videos can only give you a very basic idea of the experience...

Saying that, I might see about doing a slippery vid with the 49 later - assuming I can manage a clean lap :D

Soldato
I did a bit of learning last night, about something I was completely clueless about: how to improve the quality of the video files I upload to Youtube.

Things look a lot better now. Here's the 149.8 lap I posted the other day, this time in TV cam2 so you can see the back end getting loose into the chicane. :)
(I did save the 148.7 replay but for some reason it didn't catch the whole lap, possibly something to do with me being in online mode. Petey, is this something your familiar with?)

Watch in 1440p for best results, even if viewing on a 1080p screen. Apparently Youtube applies kinder compression algs in 1440p mode.

I'm going for a more realistic look so have deliberately desaturated it with Sweetfx. Can't get over how good the game looks.

Soldato
I've not changed the replay settings at all and my other replays captured several laps (whereas my 147.7 replay didn't even capture a whole lap).

The only difference I can think of is that my other replays were recorded in offline mode ("Hotlap") whereas the 147.7 was recorded in online mode. Anyway, it's a minor thing. Cheers.

Edit:
Sorted it. Apparently replays of online sessions record more data than offline sessions (even without a grid of other cars it would seem) so the replay filesize limit is reached much sooner, hence the discrepancy. I've increased it considerably so job's a good un. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Here's a few current PB's from this evening. Got a bit carried away lapping in the Porsche. That thing's fun.

Outlap + Hotlap

Decent enough, but definite room for improvement on all three. God knows if I'll even attempt the Cobra :D :eek:

Associate
Bloody annoying, she stopped in left lane of 3 lanes, car behind her in middle lane crossed the roundabout because there was nothing coming, I was following that car. Her brake lights went out and she started to move, I looked right and there was a car coming, but hadn’t entered the roundabout, I was going to easily get across but she decided because that car was in the same postcode she was going to stop again. I was looking right, drifted a bit left and front left met rear right. As far as insurance company concerned my fault...no point arguing the toss. Because she was driving sat on the steering wheel she banged her head. She decided to call the police, who were fine tbh. Got an ambulance or two out. Literally 1 min drive to my house from there, properly annoyed.

Back
Top Bottom