Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Associate
Well it was 50/50 at best tbh, I had no reason to drift left and clip her, I could have easily just driven past her. Literally 6 inches to the right and all would have been rosy. I'm as annoyed with myself as anything else.

Soldato
I was talking about you...

No, in all seriousness hesitation is dangerous and she should've gone by the sounds of things. The amount of times I've come close to going in the back of someone because I'm expecting them to go for a gap the size of the grand canyon is ridiculous.

Soldato
I had a spin in the Lotus last night. What a fun little car, quite drifty too. Is it good to lift off during up-shifts or am I showing too much mechanical sympathy?

Soldato
I always lift off on gearshifts unless I'm driving a paddle shift car - sounds horrible hearing the engine rev whilst changing gear!

Good, so it's not just me then. I've only driven the 312T and Ferrari F2007 properly so far and must say I winced during the first couple of up shifts in the little Lotus when I kept the loud pedal down. :)

Soldato
Hmm, my wheel (don't ask, it's a bit embarrassing :p) has a sequential stick shifter which I've never used. Maybe I should give it a try with the Lotus.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
It works and you're enjoying yourself. That's all that really matters.

Like an old pair of slippers, Petey. It's comfy and I'm used to it. :)

(Although I have been eyeing up a replacement since AC has got me racing again. Those Thrustmasters sound a bit good - the ones with the "proper" rims...)

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, they're pretty good for the price. Been using a T300 for a couple of years.

Nice, yea that kind of thing. I saw a used T500 with the Ferrari F1 wheel (no pedals though) go for a shade over £180 at the weekend. I was sorely tempted but held back because I don't know enough about them or the alternatives yet. I'm in no hurry.

Back
Top Bottom