• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS 3080 STRIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hi there. Was more curious is there any way to know when I could approximately see STRIX series being shipped. I know I did order on first day (took damn 4 hours to do it tho :D )and I think there was a thing that STRIX will come later this month, but due the massive demand, maybe there will be more delays ?

Soldato
Soldato
I cancelled my 2.55pm order of the Zotac and ordered a non OC Strix this morning. Looking at the GPU waiting list thread, it seems the non OC variant is a lot less popular. Considering they'll both manually OC to the same sort of frequency, I'm happy with that!

Associate
I cancelled my 2.55pm order of the Zotac and ordered a non OC Strix this morning. Looking at the GPU waiting list thread, it seems the non OC variant is a lot less popular. Considering they'll both manually OC to the same sort of frequency, I'm happy with that!
are you certain they both have the same vbios power limits? I've been trying to figure that out for the FTW3's the last few days. Holding off for a hybrid variant personally

Soldato
are you certain they both have the same vbios power limits? I've been trying to figure that out for the FTW3's the last few days. Holding off for a hybrid variant personally

No, I'm not. All I know is that they both have 3x8 pin. It is a bit of a gamble, but I'm not against flashing the bios with the upper limit one, if that's how they've done it.

Associate

I managed to order a non-OC at 2:39pm on release day, though unsure if I really want it seeing those frequencies it comes with. Default gaming mode running slower than reference is a bit of a weird one.

Soldato
I managed to order a non-OC at 2:39pm on release day, though unsure if I really want it seeing those frequencies it comes with. Default gaming mode running slower than reference is a bit of a weird one.

The default speed on the Strix non OC is 1440Mhz base and 1710Mhz boost, that's the same as the FE.

Associate
The default speed on the Strix non OC is 1440Mhz base and 1710Mhz boost, that's the same as the FE.

Videocardz article says "For comparison, the STRIX 3080 non-OC model is clocked at 1695 MHz (Gaming) and 1725 MHz (OC Mode)", so while in OC it runs higher than reference but Gaming it doesn't, if they called Gaming mode Quiet Mode instead I wouldn't mind it anywhere near as much.

Soldato
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom