Asus a8n-sli premium - should i use nforce or marvell socket?

Associate
Hi, i am pretty new to having broadband as my area didn't have any means for it as telewest hadn't updated it to digital and bt hadn't updated the exchanges either, lol well thankfuly thats changes and from a week monday blueyonder are installing 10mb broadband for me, but i am not sure if there is any difference at all between the 2 sockets my board has, it has the onboard nforce port and a onboard marvell port as far as i know.

Has anyone ever noticed any differences between them?

Also i have been told that i am best not using the setup disc that blueyonder give me and to just connect the cable and that is it? is it really that simple, the person said the modem will configure the network card for me and as soon as i turn my pc on it will be connected as blueyonder's installation cd is a bit crap and old anyway lol

I would appreciate any advice

Thanks

James

Soldato
Apparently (same for DFI) the nV is much better and less flakey than the marvell which has shown corruption issues (from what I have read). The nV one works solidly for me (make sure you don't have nV Active Armour or firewall installed though).

Back
Top Bottom