• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS AMD NAVI 5700 AT £249 & 5700 XT AT £299 WITH FREE GAMES, CASHBACK BF OFFER, DETAILS INSIDE!!!

Soldato
MSI Trio Super RTX have fan noise issues as the 3rd fan sticks also the weight is ridiculous even with the included GPU brace not sure the PCI-E slot will last with such a hefty HSF attached to the MSI! Get the MSI dual fan version(s) its way lighter & not much difference FPS wise 2-3% slower.
Is this widespread?

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo are you sure Asus are going to payback the cash in a timely manner? Asus aren't exactly know for their great customer service and you've had issues with other manufactures before with cashback deals (namely MSI). How can you be sure this will be different?

I can't, simple fact is they will pay, but I cannot guarantee in what time frame as I have no control over that, all we can guarantee is they will pay as we have a contract our end stating as such.

Soldato
Is this widespread?
Do some research yourself elsewhere !

I did after I bought the GPU and had issues with the 3rd fan sticking on 100%! If you do not care about a quiet PC then it probably will not matter to you but the MSI Dual Fan gaming RTX2xxx are superb & silent most of the time (although HSF is still very heavy).

Soldato
Oh
Do some research yourself elsewhere !

I did after I bought the GPU and had issues with the 3rd fan sticking on 100%! If you do not care about a quiet PC then it probably will not matter to you but the MSI Dual Fan gaming RTX2xxx are superb & silent most of the time (although HSF is still very heavy).

oh, ok. I only asked as you raised the issue. Was just a question!

I might just get an FE or Palit

Associate
Soldato
So are OCUK refunding the cash back themselves and then claiming the cash back from ASUS?

Because if not i''d be sceptical about how fast asus will refund people their cash backs, 'mail in rebates' in another marketing ploy bright in the from the US and they can be an absolute nightmare, with mucho delap and hoopo jumping. So I would tread with caution as a consumer on 'cashback' deals. Now if OCUK are refunding without reference to asus approval I would be more trusting of a deal like this.

Soldato
So are OCUK refunding the cash back themselves and then claiming the cash back from ASUS?

Because if not i''d be sceptical about how fast asus will refund people their cash backs, 'mail in rebates' in another marketing ploy bright in the from the US and they can be an absolute nightmare, with mucho delap and hoopo jumping. So I would tread with caution as a consumer on 'cashback' deals. Now if OCUK are refunding without reference to asus approval I would be more trusting of a deal like this.

Agree they should just knock the price off in the first place and stop wasting time and effort on the whole claiming/rebate process.

Associate

It is on the £40 refund page (which can't be claimed before 9th Dec) but not the Rate my Gear one. That just has the Dual, Rog Strix and Tuf 5700s listed. I assume they just haven't updated the website yet but it would be nice to have it confirmed.

As far as I can see they are both direct from Asus.

OcUK Staff
OP
It is on the £40 refund page (which can't be claimed before 9th Dec) but not the Rate my Gear one. That just has the Dual, Rog Strix and Tuf 5700s listed. I assume they just haven't updated the website yet but it would be nice to have it confirmed.

Asus will update to include them on list.
Asus are paying cashback offers, NOT OcUK!

Soldato

I'd be very wary then, there's no reason for all the shenanigans, just drop the price. People in the US have had lots of issues with MIR's, companies don't want to refund and when they do they drag their feet. I thought that OCUK were refunding then claiming back from Asus. The retailer should be refunding this, they're the vendor ultimately. OCUK get their sales, the customer gets all the hassle of dealing with Asus and their customer service dept.

OcUK Staff
OP
Agree they should just knock the price off in the first place and stop wasting time and effort on the whole claiming/rebate process.

We requested and pushed very hard for this, they would not do it.

If you don't want the hassle of cashback and claiming with Asus, then I am sorry to say but simply do not buy.

Back
Top Bottom