• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS announces GeForce GTX 780 6GB STRIX Edition

Soldato
ASUS has just announced its newest high-end graphics card.

ASUS is joining Palit, Gainward and EVGA with its 6GB version of GeForce GTX 780. Surprisingly it is not DirectCU II or ROG Matrix series. Instead, ASUS launched a brand new series called STRIX. The card features newnew cooler design, which reminds me of some Colorful’s solutions. It has a neat feature of zero noise emission (fans are not spinning) when the card is not in use. It’s an amazing technology and hopefully more AIB manufactures will adopt it. The box art suggests STRIX GTX 780 would generate zero dBs, which is simply most likely impossible if it has a coil whine problem.

zero noise emission (fans are not spinning) when the card is not in use.

http://videocardz.com/50542/asus-announces-geforce-gtx-780-6gb-strix-edition

DB94Gf5.jpg.png
VLKFHlX.jpg.png

Last edited:

bru

bru

Soldato
I would have thought that a fan going from stopped to spinning would be more intrusive than one going from spinning slowly to spinning faster.

Associate
"zero noise emission (fans are not spinning) when the card is not in use."

Wow mine does that too when the pc is turned off !

GTX 780 is a few days away from being a 1 year old chip...and it's still strong. Thats quite impressive when you think that is almost a decade in 'graphics cards years' :D

Soldato
In principal this sounds like a great idea (like the PSU's that only start spinning the fan beyond a certain load), but in practice the majority of graphics cards are basically silent at idle now anyway (yes even the reference 290/290X).

Back
Top Bottom