• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus confirm it will ignore MSRP for 6500XT

OcUK Staff
Ocuk are selling 1650s at over £270!

We have been selling them from £199 over Christmas, problem is when the 1650 is £249 or less it sells at an incredibly fast rate, around 200+ units per day, that is all single sales too, not trade sales.

We will have 6500 XT's at under £250.

Gibbo, when these go on sale are they going to be at MSRP for the first batch and then go increase in price for subsequent releases as has happened previously?

Our landed cost on the very cheapest 6500 XT I have purchased is over $200 and no board partner has made an offer to rebate product to allow us to sell under cost. As such the $199 MSRP is not currently possible on AIB product.

Soldato
I paid £329 for my 5700XT when it came out, was recently looking at potential upgrades, and at double the cost for a measly 20% performance increase for the 6700XT, or 5 times the cost for just under twice the performance for the 6900XT, I think I'll wait a little longer.

OcUK Staff
I paid £329 for my 5700XT when it came out, was recently looking at potential upgrades, and at double the cost for a measly 20% performance increase for the 6700XT, or 5 times the cost for just under twice the performance for the 6900XT, I think I'll wait a little longer.

We live in different times. Pandemic, shortages it just not computer stuff, I've purchased a load of wood and some oak, all has doubled in price since last year. Got a car on order, been informed a load of features shall be missing, no price reduction. Cost of living is up, products purchased for leisure are up.

I purchased some 5700 XT recently my cost on them was £422 + VAT and plus shipping, they all sold at a loss as I forgot to account for this cost change, but new retail price on a 5700 XT is now £599, so it has double in price and that is because of the situation the world finds itself in.

A 1050Ti is around £200, they used to be like £120-140. My house in the past 12 months has increased by around £80,000 also, which I think great but if I sell it whatever I buy has also increased by a similar amount, everything is up, petrol is 150p a litre, energy prices are rocketing.

The world is in a pretty sad state really, cost of living is exploding and the things we enjoy is getting expensive. It is worrying because we would expect the dramatic price increases over the past 12-24 months to cause a decline in sales, but were witnessing the opposite, we are having record breaking sales, as is the rest of tech sector and gaming on PC has exploded and PC sales in general due to the work from home ethic.

Soldato
Asus has been doing this since they got into the gpu market, even when cards were reference design they slapped their sticker on it and priced it higher than the rest. :cry:

In fairness my 6900xt from ASUS was RRP. So it can happen! But it was really was just their logo on it since all the AMD references for that were same for once.

Soldato

Oh indeed everything is getting more and more expensive, inflation at an all time high and rising while wages across the board are relatively static. I sold my R9 Fury X for barely less than I paid for it new, and that card was years old, a broken water pump, and a bodged on morpheus air cooler.

Soldato
I looked up some flights the other day, prices were more than double what the going rate was pre-pandemic.

The hotel was cheap compared to before but the overall cost was just nuts due to the flights.

Soldato
My son went to buy a Merc A250E, with no options its the middle of the year delivery (maybe), with all options, middle of next year at the earliest.

I was looking at the price of used cars like mine, same age from new - are now 50% more expensive than I paid a couple of years ago. And its not even electric. Worlds in a sad place indeed.

Soldato
We live in different times. Pandemic, shortages it just not computer stuff, I've purchased a load of wood and some oak, all has doubled in price since last year. Got a car on order, been informed a load of features shall be missing, no price reduction. Cost of living is up, products purchased for leisure are up.

I purchased some 5700 XT recently my cost on them was £422 + VAT and plus shipping, they all sold at a loss as I forgot to account for this cost change, but new retail price on a 5700 XT is now £599, so it has double in price and that is because of the situation the world finds itself in.

A 1050Ti is around £200, they used to be like £120-140. My house in the past 12 months has increased by around £80,000 also, which I think great but if I sell it whatever I buy has also increased by a similar amount, everything is up, petrol is 150p a litre, energy prices are rocketing.

The world is in a pretty sad state really, cost of living is exploding and the things we enjoy is getting expensive. It is worrying because we would expect the dramatic price increases over the past 12-24 months to cause a decline in sales, but were witnessing the opposite, we are having record breaking sales, as is the rest of tech sector and gaming on PC has exploded and PC sales in general due to the work from home ethic.

Unless the BOE raise rates to at least inflation levels (which they will never do) to try and mop up all the money they have printed since 2009 then we are heading for a crack-up boom. Ouch! Crazy times.

Soldato

5700XT?

WOW, I assumed they were EOL ages ago.

:D

Soldato
Unless the BOE raise rates to at least inflation levels (which they will never do) to try and mop up all the money they have printed since 2009 then we are heading for a crack-up boom. Ouch! Crazy times.
Its more likely we'll all end up in a deep recession once China's economy collapses this year and then they won't be able to give these Gpus away let alone charge double the MSRP.

Back
Top Bottom