Asus G751JY ROG Gaming laptop IPS display

Soldato
OP
The GT72 is considerably louder under load than the G751 although I would say it's quieter when you are not gaming as you can switch to the integrated intel GPU.

Associate
It's still a fantastic machine and I'm sure the issues will be ironed out with driver updates or fixes. I was more annoyed that my review model did not have these issues and I recomended the laptop to people based on this. I was that immpressed I purcahsed one for myself.

The IPS MSI is looking good but the base spec is a bit lacking compared to the Asus. I personllly think MSI have the pricing all wrong on the GT72 series the G751 offers far better value if these issues are fixed.

The GT72 is considerably louder under load than the G751 although I would say it's quieter when you are not gaming as you can switch to the integrated intel GPU.

Thanks MOOGLEYS, Yes i found out the GT72 is 10 dBa louder under load than the G751 and I really want a quiet machine when gaming, will take my time researching and see what's best, might go for a desktop with 27` 1440p monitor as I'm sure you can build a better spec for cheaper but love the convenience of a laptop and the space saving.

Soldato
OP
If you have the space and do not need portability then a desktop is always a better bet.

The G750JY is looking interesting. I really disliked the Red keyboard on the 751. The 750 chassis with an 8GB 980 is tempting. I just hope they use the IPS screen as well. Tbh a G750 with 980 and IPS screen is my perfect machine.

Soldato
OP
How are the issues with the sound and wifi progressing any closer to been resolved OC have reduced the G751JY-T7009H to £1440.00 so tempted to pull the trigger at that price

It's at £1649.99 now....

At £1440 I would have bought another and replaced the WiFi myself :)... I imagine it was a pricing error...

Last edited:
Caporegime
For anyone having wireless speed and connection issues I have a Driver that I have fixed to not need WMM to achieve full speed. It's based on an older driver but works perfect with the 7260.

I have tested these with my Virgin Superhub 2 and can now download at the full 150Mbps speed.

You need to completely remove the old drivers first from control panel and device manager. Re-start then install this driver and re-start. It can take a few mins to connect for the first time but once connected all should be good.

Hope this helps.

G751 Wireless Fixed Driver

So you didn't send it back, or...?

Soldato
OP
So you didn't send it back, or...?

Yes I sent it back.

I currently have the one I had for review back which does have the same wireless card and the same issue. But with the driver above it works perfect.

The sound is a lot better though on this one you can hear the sound coming from the back and the subwoofer is a lot quiter. The speakers seem far better balanced.

Caporegime
Yes I sent it back.

I currently have the one I had for review back which does have the same wireless card and the same issue. But with the driver above it works perfect.

The sound is a lot better though on this one you can hear the sound coming from the back and the subwoofer is a lot quiter. The speakers seem far better balanced.

Is there please any chance that you can help the G751 owner community out by joining up and providing ASUS with details about your own working review machine? http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...SUPPORT-THREAD&p=458442&viewfull=1#post458442

Also, can you please tell me specifically which Realtek driverset your speakers are using? :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom