• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus HD 6850 No Display

Associate
So I just upgraded my graphics card from a XFX HD 5830 XXX Edition to an Asus HD 6850 (Bought from OcUK yesterday) and now after installation I'm just getting a black screen on my monitor.

I've tried reseating my components and the graphics card, no luck.

Uninstalled Catalyst Drivers, no luck.

BIOS is the most up-to-date version.

Any ideas?

Associate
OP
Yeah tried both ports.

If you mean DVI cable, yeah tried a few no difference, also tried on a different monitor using vga/dvi connector.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for posting that SMed, I've tried the things you tried so think I'll RMA it. How do I request an RMA? This is my first time buying something from OcUK or RMA'ing something for that matter.

Associate
Go to the main OcUK site and log into your account. Go to contact us page, then webnote page and make a RMA enquiry. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/webnote.php

They then contact you giving you full instructions on what to do. They told me to send it in, they check it, if it's broken they send you a new one. Took a couple of days for me. I think I sent it Thursday, they received it Friday, processed it and sent out a new one on Saturday and I received it Monday morning.

***EDIT: corrected timeline of RMA***

Last edited:
Associate
Just reminded me, I don't know what happened with the postage costs I had to pay to send it back. Someone mentioned that if the item was not working, they would refund the cost to return it to them. I can't remember now if I followed that up and if they refunded those costs.

Associate
OP
Thanks, just sent an RMA request. Shame this card has to be faulty was looking forward to enjoying my new HD 6850 :(. Do let me know what happens with the shipping costs as I'll need to know for my RMA ^^

Associate
Royal Mail. I think it was special delivery. The cheapest option's insurance didn't cover the cost if I remember correctly.

Back
Top Bottom