• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus HD 7970 Matrix Platinum 3072MB GDDR5 **IN STOCK**

Associate
Waiting for heaven score and OC :p.

My 7970 lightning cap out @ 1260/1750. If the Matrix can clock 1300/1900, i'd be seriously considering one :cool:

Also judging from the box, the card is bundled with a mousepad?

Soldato
1250MHz core
7000MHz memory

so far...

Easy, hasn't struggled or seen artifacts, but then again, my slider goes all the way to 1.4v if required.
Will actually push it, but not tonight. It's bedtime as i'm ill and tomorrow we have company so it'll have to be Saturday morning i'm afraid folks.

I will say one thing though. This card is awesome :p

Waiting for heaven score and OC :p.

My 7970 lightning cap out @ 1260/1750. If the Matrix can clock 1300/1900, i'd be seriously considering one :cool:

Also judging from the box, the card is bundled with a mousepad?

Yep, free Diablo 3 mousemat lol.

Associate
I was set on getting the HIS 7970 turbo....but this card just looks so good! don't think it would be worth the extra for me as i'm not a big overclockers and i'm sure wouldn't use half of the features.

Soldato
1250MHz core
7000MHz memory

so far...

Easy, hasn't struggled or seen artifacts, but then again, my slider goes all the way to 1.4v if required.
Will actually push it, but not tonight. It's bedtime as i'm ill and tomorrow we have company so it'll have to be Saturday morning i'm afraid folks.

I will say one thing though. This card is awesome :p

Disappointed, was expecting atleast one suicide run :D

Soldato
I would love to do a suicide run but GPU Tweak is a bag of balls and won't apply a custom fan profile for some reason and i seem to have to apply changes twice. I think i may have the wrong version lol.

Either way

1275MHz Core
7000 Memory

7970matrixoverclock1.png

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/kcpxr/

SCORE
P11979 3DMarks
GRAPHICS SCORE
PHYSICS SCORE
COMBINED SCORE

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4757093

I have no doubts that this will be able to do 1300MHz core.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi folks, only post here when I get some shiny new hardware but have been a OCUK customer since the beginning.

One of these cards is due to be with me this morning. I'm a long term Rivatuner and then Afterburner user, if GPU Tweak is not that good what other options are there, is the hardware too specific for Afterburner to work?

It will be interesting to see what the card does, its replacing a Sapphire 5970 Toxic as the main title I use doesn't take advantage of Crossfire.

Any advice on GPU Tweak appreciated, also which drivers for this - the 12.11's?

Thanks
Fred

Soldato
Anything to do with the button?

Nope, just gpu tweak being poo.

1.4 V GPU I was expecting at least 1.8v :mad::D

GPU Tweak is exactly as you state a bag of !!!!! Sad but true!!!

Tie two 5400 RPM sythe to it man!!!!

Haha! It was buggy as hell with my GTX580 as well. As for the voltage, I think there's a version about for you guys to push stupidly high.

Hi folks, only post here when I get some shiny new hardware but have been a OCUK customer since the beginning.

One of these cards is due to be with me this morning. I'm a long term Rivatuner and then Afterburner user, if GPU Tweak is not that good what other options are there, is the hardware too specific for Afterburner to work?

It will be interesting to see what the card does, its replacing a Sapphire 5970 Toxic as the main title I use doesn't take advantage of Crossfire.

Any advice on GPU Tweak appreciated, also which drivers for this - the 12.11's?

Thanks
Fred
unfortunately with my GTX580 matrix platinum I was forced to use GPU Tweak because of the bespoke fan controller, nothing else supported it.
I assume the same issue exists with the HD7970 version, but I haven't tested that yet, I will do when I've found it's limit first ;)

Soldato
Oooh gpu tweak 2.2.1.4 & from what I understand the matrix uses chl8228 controller presumably enabled by this new version, time to see if it lets me control voltage on the lightning :D

Soldato
Just ran 1301MHz core. However, some artifacting. Found that the voltage hadn't applied.... GPUTweak needs an update for this card NOW.

Can only run 100% fan or Auto.
Applying voltage is hit and miss, either that or the voltage readouts are dodgy. Applied 1.33v to core but detected default until i restarted GPUTweak.... but GPUz just detects stock voltage.

MSI Afterburner doesn't give me voltage control, latest version or BETA. Neither does it allow fan control.

I'm going to uninstall drivers and utilities, re-seat the card and start again tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom