Asus Maximus Gene V...code 9A error (Help)

Associate
Hi,

Had the above motherboard since they first released and been a solid workhorse. (Great advice from 8pack)
I have been running a 3570k @4.2ghz on Air with a Noctua d14. 1440p monitor, 120gb ssd. 16gb vengence. 750atx Psu corsair
Cpu temps idle at 25c and under load approx 50-60c under my usage.
I upgraded my gpu to 1070 evga ftw last year. (Cpu/case temps were within parameters as before)

No scorching or burning smells/marks located on any components.

I recently started to suffer ctd few times with a code 9A on the post read out. This indicates usb initialisation starting, but it just hangs.

Initially a few resets and would go to Desktop. However, now the system just hangs .

Tried starting without anything plugged in (USB,GPU,HDD,SSD etc) would still post same error.
I tried cmos option, both removal of battery and holding down the cmos reset on the mobo.

Have also removed mobo from case and sat it on the proverbial box and added parts but it hangs and again no luck.
Have tested and tried another Psu (Silverstone 850 never used and straight from box) again same.

I'll setup another mobo, I have a another z77 mobo unused see if cpu is acting up.

I should download and flash the gene v bios to the last available, it's been fine till now ?

Anything else I should consider since I have stripped everything?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Associate
OP
Update;

Checked cpu for any bent pins etc..running stable.

Bios updated to most stable. Not bricked!

Post will hang on 9A if anything is plugged into I/O tried different connections in case of possible bad cable. Without cables, will hang on 9A then eventually give bios access.

Bios is currently at stock with rev:1903 x64

Currently post shows B4 which is a hot plug issue, have tried disabling but still not playing ball.

Could this be hardware issue with the ports shorting ?

Back
Top Bottom