Asus motherboard RMA turnround?

Associate
I sent a mobo back to OcUK for RMA, which was determined to be faulty, it was sent to ASUS on the 2nd.

I'm fully expecting to have to wait the full 28 days before I get a board back, but why?

EVGA sent me a brand new GFX card within the week.

Why is Asus' RMA such long process (Gigabyte too) when others are able to do the job in less than a week?

I see the RMA for Asus GFX cards are quick now, but why not motherboards?

Soldato
@mikelkite

asus rma is EU, NL I believe . Have to factor in time from when its sent from Reseller to RMA center and then repair and sent back to reseller and then yourself. Which adds onto the time scale . Also ASUS had in place standards with resellers , like OCUK who could offer faster turn arounds

Gigabyte is UK based and should have a turn around of under 7 days from when they receive it, also have a rep on here if it takes longer. Can either use reseller or themselves to RMA

Soldato
LOL Asus turn around on MB`s is terrible.

I sent my Asus Maximus ix Formula off on the 23rd of june to OCUK who confirmed it faulty then they sent it to Asus next day I think or there abouts.

Well its now nearly been the 28 days they say is the max time it takes for an RMA (it will be 28 days next thursday) I was told they normaly turn it around a lot quicker but they just must have a huge back log on stuff :(

Also I googled Asus warrenty any one had bad motherboards returned to them from Asus.

I have read that some people (even on the Asus/ROG forum) have had total wrecks retuned EG no Armour like the Asus Maximus ix Formula should have,one had thermal paste EVERY WHERE,parts was broken off ETC.
I am doing a build log on OCUK project forum at the moment but thats come to a complete grind now.

Any way I am sure we shall get there in the end and I totaly understand this is nothing to do with OCUK.

Also just to add to this the mother board litraly was about a day or two over the first year of warrenty :( I assumed if it was within the year OCUK would have dealt with it which kind of realy sucks :(

EDIT again LOL

Hmmmm should OCUK of just replaced my board? according to this post @Bailey @ScottiB think you deal with RMA`s :)

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/yet-another-reason-to-buy-asus.18717691/

With in 48hrs?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I would suggest it IS to do with OCUK. While I understand its a couple of days over the 1 year, from a customer service and business pov THEY should be dealing with it. Your contract of sale is with them. THEY are offering the ASUS 3 year warranty at sale and you are entitled to get them to deal with it(Sounds like they initially have) within that period. The cannot legally tell you to go back to the manufacturer. Asus consumer RMA is not good. I have bought threads like this one to their attention on several occasions from this forum and others but they do not appear to be interested in changing. I have a feeling that its more to do with their global HQ rather than the UK guys who I have a lot of dealings with.

Back
Top Bottom