Asus MW221U 22" Ghosting in games.

Associate
not even after a power cycle, it will set itself back to warm after a few seconds I think :confused:

I can live with that after adjusting my settings though, really please we got there in the end :D

Associate
may be I'm not understanding the 'warm' setting thing. What real effect does that have? Are you saying that the colors are set to 'warm' and you can not adjust the colors? Or can you still set the 'spledid' function to what ever, and it keeps that setting?

I'd also like to thank all of you who posted here, and have contacted ASUS to work this out. If it wasn't for this site, I would not have known others suffer from my same monitor problem. I now look forward to ASUS USA recieving the fix and correcting my LCD.

Thanks!!

Soldato
Plodicus said:
not even after a power cycle, it will set itself back to warm after a few seconds I think :confused:
Hmmm, I'll double check that tonight. The Splendid function does still function and is remembered but I didn't recheck the colour temp settings.

Last edited:
Soldato
My colour temp setting is still set to Normal as I had left it. Colour and brightness have also remained set as I left them. However as Plod said, a few settings like Sharpness are now greyed-out, but no great loss.

Suspended
Mines supposed to be coming back today as well.

Will say going back to a 17" 4:3 crt has made me appreciate the widescreen desk space a helluva lot more. But the crt does kick the Asus's ass for picture quality.

Soldato
My monitor has been returned (same 1 I sent back) & Im happy to say there is no ghosting (Yeeehaaa) I think the picture quality has improved a touch as well (could just be me)

As for settings & stuff.
Skin Tone is no longer available under COLOR
Sharpness, Saturation & ASCR are no longer available under IMAGE

Normal & Warm settings also seem to be the same.

Im just glad its all sorted. I would go as far to say that this is now one of the best 22s out there for the price.

A big shout out to all in this thread for their help, A massive shout out to Vasco @ ASUS UK for the work he put in (Top man). & thank you OcUK for letting this thread stay open.

Last edited:
Associate
Got my TFT back.

No trace of ugly yellow ghosting with the black square boxes in my page, or with the avi videos.

Didn't have time for playing anything yet, but it looks good :D Not sure if is faster or not, but so far, I'm a happy bunny :)

Good work ASUS!!!, and a big thanks to Vasco for arrange the pick&up so quickly.

Time to write a Thanks email.

Associate
:)

There is a new option in the menu for controlling the sound volume , I don't remember seeing that in the menu before, so maybe they just tweak the firmware for one of the other Asus monitors to be able to work with this MW221U.

Associate
subaru_swift said:
GOOD NEWS ;)

can some nice folk give me a contact number so i can send mine off too ? !.

cheers

For the UK, it's on page 18 and it's also a page or so back from here as well.

Suspended
Good news to report, mine seems to be fixed. No ghosting on the vids or in games. Image quality looks slightly better as well but that might just be my imagination. Dunno whats been done to fix it but its fixed. Better late than never Asus. Thanks to Vasco and all at Asus for there hard work and thanks to OCUK for letting us all have a bitch in this thread. :cool:

Soldato
OP
Ive got a working one now from Asus. No ghosting at all, very happy. I might actually remove the protective film from this one now :D

I also got a nice email from Vasco tonight.

Vasco said:
Dear Richard,

Just to let you know that I had a look through the OcUK forum and I appreciate all the nice words that you have posted there.

From today I am no longer a member of ASUS, but it was quite rewarding to finish this case just before leaving. Please thank everybody for me, and it was a pleasure to co-operate with you all.

All the best wishes for all you guys and good luck with the monitor.

PS: I am actually just about to buy one myself.

Best regards,

If your reading ...Thanks again Vasco ~ I wish all tech support people were as good as you. Good luck with your new job !!

Associate
rhysxanthis said:
so how do we get it back to asus in aus?

could you ask your contact that ?

cheers
Asked he is a tad late in answering as he says he is busy atm.

Re the warranty took this from my supplier's web site
ASUS : 22"
Asus MW221U - 22" Widescreen BLACK LCD, Response Time 2MS, DVI/VGA,Tilt, Speakers, HDCP Support, SPLENDID Technology By ASUS 3 Yrs PickUp Manufacturers Warranty

Now how to arrange pickup should know by early next week.

Associate
Well I have the problem now aswell it seems. I have emailed darren_brown at Asus, I hope he can fix my problem as Vasco has for most of you guys.

Back
Top Bottom