Asus P6T Deluxe V1 Won't Post When Ram set to 1600mhz

Associate
Just got a used Asus P6T Deluxe V1 LGA 1366. Updated the Bios to the most recent version to get my Xeon X5650 working. But the board will not post when I set my Corsair XMS3 (9-9-9-24 1.65v) to 1600mhz.

I have tried XMP and manually setting the timings/voltage but the screen just stays black.

The Ram works fine when set to default 1333mhz and passes Memtest. Am I missing something obvious?

I have also tried several of the sticks one at a time with the same issue. Any ideas?

Soldato
Just got a used Asus P6T Deluxe V1 LGA 1366. Updated the Bios to the most recent version to get my Xeon X5650 working. But the board will not post when I set my Corsair XMS3 (9-9-9-24 1.65v) to 1600mhz.

I have tried XMP and manually setting the timings/voltage but the screen just stays black.

The Ram works fine when set to default 1333mhz and passes Memtest. Am I missing something obvious?

I have also tried several of the sticks one at a time with the same issue. Any ideas?
The xeon only supports ram at 1333 so If you want to run it higher than that you have to increase it with BCLK.

For example if you set BCLK at 160 and the ram multiplier at X10 then it should run 1600 but bear in mind your also overclocking the CPU which isnt a bad thing but if you didnt want a CPU overclock then you would have to turn the CPU multiplier to something like 16.

You may also need to increase the QPI/DRAM core voltage to get it stable, up to 1.35 is safe but shouldn't really need over 1.25 unless your going more aggressive with the BCLK.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom