Asus P8P67 Deluxe or Gigabyte P67A-UD5

Permabanned
Which of these boards is better, and which should I get? Could you perhaps list the differences between them?

My budget is in the £200-230 mark

Associate
I went for the ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Rev.B3 because for £170, the 2 extra SATA 6GB Ports and the USB3 Front Panel Unit seemed like good value to me. I built it on Wednesday and everything installed ok with no boot problems etc and all seems well (touch wood);) It came with the latest 1305 BIOS and has run fine for the last 2 days. Early days I know, but so far im very impressed.:)

Associate
imo, spend the little extra and grab the UD7, imo best board out there right now.

All options suggested so far would be good.

Permabanned
I originally had the asus but sent it back because there's so many problems with it, even after a BIOS flash. The bios has all nice fancy graphics, but it's actually quite rubbish.

I swapped it for a gigabyte ud4 and it's 10x better quality board.

Last edited:
Associate
The main advantage with the UD7 board is that you get two x16 PCi-e lanes when you go SLi or Crossfire. The UD7 is the only board on the market for SB that offers this. Others offer SLi of course but 16 + 8 only.

Oh and the board looks really great and clocks like a dream.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
all p67 boards clock the same.

they all clock the same.

they all clock the same.

i feel a 'bloomfield' style thread coming up.

Associate
all p67 boards clock the same.

they all clock the same.

they all clock the same.

i feel a 'bloomfield' style thread coming up.

Totally agree with this. The motherboard that you decide on will clock your CPU to the max that your CPU can go. The overclock of SB is determined by the CPU and is not held back by the motherboard.

So decide what features you want, what look you want to for your build and finally what price you are willing to pay. List them all and then you will have a couple of options and just go with what appeals to you. The SB motherboards are all pretty much of a muchness. The ASUS boards had a few hiccups but that is seeming sorted. The Giga boards are my current board of choice but I bench with a UD7 and my needs are different from most SB users. I like the board because it is rock solid at max overclock and quicker performance wise in two of the major benchmarks I compete in. I have not used a MSi board but have heard very good things about them. So really it is what tickles your fancy and what your needs are.

Caporegime
The UD5 has an Nvidia NF200 chipset for full bandwidth SLI/Crossfire I think, rather than the 8x/8x of boards without it.

Back
Top Bottom