Asus PG35VQ HDMI 2.0 accept 4K/60 signal from PS4/5?

Associate
Hi All,

I think it's time to upgrade my Predator X34 to one with HDR, high refresh rate but is also Ultrawide. Thing is whilst 99% is going to be used for PC gaming I do also like to have a PS4 Pro connected or soon to be PS5.

Currently when connecting my PS4 to my X34 the PS4 Pro only allows me to select 1080p.

Basically all I'm trying to work out is does the Asus PG35VQ accept a 4k/60 via HDMI 2.0? Because I assume that'll look better then currently using the 1080p option...

Long winded question, hope someone can let me know so I can pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
The Asus PG35VQ is 3440 x 1440 as far as I can tell, so it won't support a 4K/60 signal from a PS4 Pro/PS5.

I'm also looking for a 4K monitor that can be used on the PC and PS4 Pro. But there isn't one that stands out in the size I require, 27".

Associate
OP
The Asus PG35VQ is 3440 x 1440 as far as I can tell, so it won't support a 4K/60 signal from a PS4 Pro/PS5.

I'm also looking for a 4K monitor that can be used on the PC and PS4 Pro. But there isn't one that stands out in the size I require, 27".

Yeah, PS4 doesn't help itself by not natively supporting 1440p like the Xbox One. I just know I must have an ultrawide, I simply couldn't go back now. Given I want max performance HDR too and 100Hz+ refresh I think the PG35VQ is my only option...

Associate
I’m using the PG35VQ with the PS4 pro, and can either have black bars at the sides of the screen or stretch to fill the whole screen(squashing the image). So unless the PS 5 supports ultra side there is that to contend with as well.

Associate
OP
I’m using the PG35VQ with the PS4 pro, and can either have black bars at the sides of the screen or stretch to fill the whole screen(squashing the image). So unless the PS 5 supports ultra side there is that to contend with as well.

Oh yeah I know that same thing here with PS4 Pro on my Predator X34 - I just wondered can the monitor use the PS4 Pro outputting a 4k/60 signal via the HDMI 2.0 port - if you could check that for me I would forever be in your debt!

Thanks!

Associate
OP
No it doesn't sadly.

Nooooooooo! I am cry, thought this might be the all in one solution I was looking for :(

I'm pretty sure it's the only option anyway unless someone can think of another monitor that can suit my needs?

- Ultrawide
- 144hz+
- G-Sync Ultimate
- HDR1000

Back
Top Bottom