ASUS PRIME H310M-E

Associate
ASUS PRIME H310M-E

Please don't laugh but that's what I'm currently running just looking for a upgrade and future proof,

CPU
Intel Core i7-8700 (3.2Ghz) LGA1151

Air CPU CoolerRaijintek Aidos Direct Contact CPU Cooler
Ram
Corsair Vengeance® LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz C16

Graphics Card
NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070

Regards
Anthony

Man of Honour
Do you mean that you'd like to upgrade the motherboard?

If everything is running fine, it is probably not worth it so late (8th/9th gen are really old now). I'd just wait until you need to upgrade the whole system.

Otherwise, I'd look at these boards: B360, B365, H370, Z370, Z390. You'd just have to buy whatever is a good deal, I think, since they're going to be used.

Associate
OP
Do you mean that you'd like to upgrade the motherboard?

If everything is running fine, it is probably not worth it so late (8th/9th gen are really old now). I'd just wait until you need to upgrade the whole system.

Otherwise, I'd look at these boards: B360, B365, H370, Z370, Z390. You'd just have to buy whatever is a good deal, I think, since they're going to be used.
Just trying to play msfs 2020 on It

Man of Honour
Yes someone said about putting a fan In to blow air over them.

Unfortunately, I don't think your motherboard has temperature sensors for the VRM, but you could check for throttling by running a CPU benchmark and see if your scores are correct.

You could also run the benchmark before and after having a fan cooling the VRM. If you have a top-down CPU cooler, then it will already be cooling the VRM, at least to some extent.

Associate
Yes someone said about putting a fan In to blow air over them.
It was me. Yes but even if you cool the VRMs or upgrade the motherboard, you’re still trying to run a punishing game.

Cooling the VRMs might increase your FPS by 1 to 4 (max) but it’s not going to change your whole experience.

I also think you need to try it first and then see if it works for you. If so, then get a new motherboard (because that’s the only real difference between them will be the VRM temps).

30 FPS for your rig in MSFS 2020 is about right.

Yes, it’ll drop to ~8 fps at times but that’s when the game is loading fresh maps/the weather is extreme/it’s a busy part of the map.

If it’s constantly playing at 8 FPS we’ll then maybe your rig is overheating all the time but it’s hard to tell just from a forum thread.

Associate
OP
It was me. Yes but even if you cool the VRMs or upgrade the motherboard, you’re still trying to run a punishing game.

Cooling the VRMs might increase your FPS by 1 to 4 (max) but it’s not going to change your whole experience.

I also think you need to try it first and then see if it works for you. If so, then get a new motherboard (because that’s the only real difference between them will be the VRM temps).

30 FPS for your rig in MSFS 2020 is about right.

Yes, it’ll drop to ~8 fps at times but that’s when the game is loading fresh maps/the weather is extreme/it’s a busy part of the map.

If it’s constantly playing at 8 FPS we’ll then maybe your rig is overheating all the time but it’s hard to tell just from a forum thread.
HI yes did not want to say It was you as you have been so helpful with all the feedback.
Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom