asus rampage 3 extreme i just read this in the commnets section of the motherboard.

Soldato
1 thing about this motherboard ,nobody realized there are 4 PCI-E switches that individually controls ON & OFF .
Say for instance I have 2+ SLI or Crossfire GPU if 1 of them ever fails how would you know if they are working fine .

I had 2 GTX480 , 1 of them failed after 2 months ( I guess Overheating ) it is well ventilated , a tall tower case & water cooled .
It had detected SLI GPU .
After like 30min , 1 of the GPU switched OFF , I didn't realized then .
So 1 day I experimented without taking the card out , the switches on the motherboard , I played with the switches ON or OFF & testing .

Connecting monitor cable & switch OFF to the other PCI-E . 1 of the GPU worked fine for 3+ hrs , no problem .
So I connected to the other GPU & switch OFF to the other PCI-E , switch ON PC after 20 min Screen just went blank & not detecting GPU . Switch PC OFF 2+ hrs & ON again screen blank or resetting & not detecting GPU , ( definitely faulty checked in other PC on it's own)

i hope none of my cards die...:( cos of these switches..)

Soldato
sorry didt realise you were asking a question, by default all 4 arrive in the ON setting, messing with xfire and tri fire a lot i just flick to the off when i need to. This was what it was intended for, so the user is not taking out cards all day, or testing w/c loops etc.

Back
Top Bottom