ASUS Releases The ROG Xonar Phoebus Gaming Soundcard Set

Soldato
Further reading >> Vortez Website
Vortez said:
Asus have finally released their new ROG Xonar Gaming soundcard. With extra-clear 118dB SNR sound, and a powerful headphone amplifier for a proper gaming experience.
prasusrogxonarphoebusan.jpg

Source

Soldato
Some nice features, assuming the SQ remains as per the ST/STX.

The ONLY thing that I like about it is the external breakout box/volume control. External Volume Control is the only thing I miss from my external DAC/AMP setup compared to my STX now. Very useful for volume adjustment while gaming without tabbing out.

Soldato
Some nice features, assuming the SQ remains as per the ST/STX.

The ONLY thing that I like about it is the external breakout box/volume control. External Volume Control is the only thing I miss from my external DAC/AMP setup compared to my STX now. Very useful for volume adjustment while gaming without tabbing out.

I use the left and right movement on my mouse wheel to adjust volume without ever alt tabbing.

but no optical out? again?

Isnt that a optical socket at the bottom?

Don
but no optical out? again?

Most of the Xonar's do have optical out, it's just a different connector, it comes with an adaptor that can convert it to the typical optical connection that you're looking for.

-edit, what james.miller said..

Basically, the port can be used as a normal jack, since it has the metal contacts on the sides of it. Or they can pump optical data down the centre of it. So you connected two different types of cable up to it, depending on what you want to do with it :)

And yes, that is one ugly mother! I wish someone would make something like the Game Theatre XP again, it looks a bit gimmicky now, but it was a nice solid design at the time http://www.dansdata.com/gtxp.htm

Last edited:
Associate
What the hell is that?! Why would I have something like the sitting on my desk? 0/10 for visual design on this thing.

sadly a lot of pc products are marketed solely towards a corporate vision of teenagers

making them look like one of optimus primes turds is par for the course, think about the conversation:

Person A. "what do teenagers like?"

Person B. "movies"

Person A. "what else do they like?"

Person B. "games?.."

Person A. "whats a popular teenage movie and whats a popular PC game then?"

Person B. "well, movies its got to be transformers and games well theres only one game on the PC that they all play, its called Crysis"

Person A. "cool beans.. lets make it look like both but not quite as good as either"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom