• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS RMA.

Soldato
OP
Read what MAK360 posted, :) (click on the Spoiler Show button)

I think it is the GPU.

Great, more money to spend on shipping this thing to random people. After this is all over this 670 will have ended up costing me near enough £450. Plus I don't even know if that will fix it.

What if I send it to MSI and they just say there is nothing wrong?

Caporegime
Great, more money to spend on shipping this thing to random people. After this is all over this 670 will have ended up costing me near enough £450. Plus I don't even know if that will fix it.

What if I send it to MSI and they just say there is nothing wrong?

If i was you i would phone MSI and have a good talk with them.

It looks very likely that your card is a dud, be sure they know how intermittent or awkward it is to diagnose the fault, explain everything that has been said in this post, even Email them a link to it.

If they are any good they will honor the RMA, just make sure they understand whats going on before you send it.

And it might even be worth having another chat with OcUK.

Associate
Yup- Talk to OCUK and show them your videos - Its a well known problem which nvidia have admitted, some AIB`s (EVGA recalled tons of cards) even relaxed their return policy over this problem.

If they still don`t believe you - list the hundreds of links on Google having the exact same problems. These cards usually be very picky on which hardware (MB/PSU) it works correctly on.

MSI seems to be having this problem more so than others for both camps recently.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've stuck a link to this thread in my RMA/CS thread. Hopefully I'll get an official word on this because I don't have a clue.

Really could do with another PSU to help me rule out everything.

EDIT: I emailed MSI asking if they know of any issues with this card/motherboard and this is the reply I received back.

"Dear sir/madam Thanks for contacting MSI technical support. Regarding your concern,yes,they all can compatibility. Thanks for your cooperation in advance! Best Regards, MSI Technical Support Team"

EDIT 2: Another thread with two people having the exact same problems and also managing to get it working before it breaking once again. http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1715566&mpage=1

This seems to be a GPU problem now, almost all of these threads people are having issues and non of them have similar motherboards or power supplies.

I'm now hoping my cat doesn't get in my bedroom.

2r4hdv8.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Does anyone have a contact number for MSI? I've tested a 4350, 5770 and 9600GT with my motherboards and what not this morning just for the sake of it. I'll also be trying to get to a friends today who has a P67 Sabertooth, 2500k, 8GB Vengeance RAM and a Corsair 600W PSU.

EDIT: I phoned the UK landline for MSI and it just told me to make an online ticket? I've seen the quality of their online replies and it was barely in English. How hard is it to talk to someone?

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone have a contact number for MSI? I've tested a 4350, 5770 and 9600GT with my motherboards and what not this morning just for the sake of it. I'll also be trying to get to a friends today who has a P67 Sabertooth, 2500k, 8GB Vengeance RAM and a Corsair 600W PSU.

EDIT: I phoned the UK landline for MSI and it just told me to make an online ticket? I've seen the quality of their online replies and it was barely in English. How hard is it to talk to someone?

ScottiB
MSI Rep

On here, page 1 of thread, send trust message.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I'm wondering if the forementioned UEFI VGA BIOS could be at play here. Like I said, it's something which manufacturers are having to do now but there are a number of potentially strange, as of yet unknown, compatilibty issues that we might come up against and the warnings from our engineers suggest that early UEFI motherboards could be the most susceptable.

I've sent a message to our HQ engineers to find out if/when we started loading GTX 670's with UEFI. In the meantime, can you download GPU-Z and take a screenshot for me?

on a different subject, if it was a UEFI issue, a Mpower should fix it because this was the first board on the market with fully fledged win 8 certified UEFI BIOS

as for the slightly confusing replies from our engineers, I know the feeling but their English is better than my Mandarin so I can't complain.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I have tried the card on two motherboards that are 775 socket, way before UEFI was even a thought. They still have the same issue.

A screen shot of what? Just the two GTX 560TIs?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just gotten back from my friends, he has a 2500k, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Vengeance RAM and a Corsair Builder Series CX 600W. The GPU seemed to work fine. This pretty much means it could be the PSU.

I'm going to swap my PSU with his in a few days and use it for a few days too see if I can recreate the problem. If I can't I need a new PSU, if I can it's back to stage one.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
our lead engineer doubts that the card is to blame after reading the thread but he has offered to provide a new VGA BIOS if you are willing and able to provide it.

Can you give me the GPU-Z sreenshot that I asked for so I know what BIOS version the card has?

Soldato
OP
I cannot get access to GPU-Z as I only had a short amount of time to use the working PC. Nothing I do will make the card work in my system at the moment.

I'll grab a screen shot as soon as I get my friends power supply and get everything built.

Thank, Antony.

Soldato
OP
So the conclusion is, the NZXT Hale90 700W PSU is the culprit?

I hope so, I have the PSU for as long as needs be so I'll probably give it till Monday and if it is still working I'll order an AX750.

If it stops working, I'll be burning down my bedroom and claiming off the home insurance and starting again.

Soldato
Similar thing happend to me with a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, and a Seasonic M12D 750w PSU back in 2009, turned out it was the PSU with compatability issues with the rail, Seasonic brought out a new revision that fixed it in the end.

Soldato
OP
So, early present for myself ready to be ordered tomorrow.

Corsair Professional Series AX750 High Performance 750W Modular '80 Plus Gold' Power Supply (CMPSU-750AXUK)

Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850/AX750/AX650 Individually Sleeved Modular Cable Kit - Black (CP-8920009)

Back
Top Bottom