ASUS ROG STRIX 750W Noise under load

Associate
Hello everyone
I've recently got an ASUS ROG STRIX 750W PSU from OcUK as part of some other stuff for my new build.
I discovered weird noise when there is some heavier task performing ( Games etc. )

At first I thought its a fan but when I removed the PSU the noise starts just before the fan even start spinning.
I've attached the video with sound.
I dont think thats normal, please advise.
Anyone had something like that ?

Cheers

Associate
That's really bad, suggest you RMA it ASAP. They should replace it quickly.

However, hope you have a spare until they send replacement.

I had a graphics card do something like it, VRMs under load, I lowered the output to reduce it. I got rid of it after a year.

Associate
OP
That's really bad, suggest you RMA it ASAP. They should replace it quickly.

However, hope you have a spare until they send replacement.

I had a graphics card do something like it, VRMs under load, I lowered the output to reduce it. I got rid of it after a year.
I have to contact them tomorrow then :(
Thank you

Associate
Hey there! I literally just joined this forum to say THANK you! Mine isn't as loud as that or at least I'm not sure if you have a really good mic but I was hearing this noise when playing outriders THROUGH my headset! I can't even hear when my family is talking to me while I game but for some reason this noise was getting through and at first I thought it was SFX or background music but I took off my headset and realized it was my pc. I had to use discord to playback my voice and I took off my headset and started pointing it towards various parts of my PC and that's when I heard the noise towards the power supply. It definitely happens under load and I'm not sure if it's causing my game to lag but I would assume if it's having trouble delivering power to my 3070 then of course I would lag..either that or the game is just laggy.

Anyways...I stumbled on this forum post and this video is perfect. I bought mine on amazon shipped and sold by amazon so I'm just going to call and see what they can do since I got it around 4 months ago.

THANK YOU

Soldato
The way it audibly spins up before the fan actually moves then quietens down as the fan visibly spins up... makes me think there's a bizzare use of a centrifugal clutch in there.

Associate
I bought another on Amazon and returned my faulty one. I don't feel bad for doing it. Asus wanted me to send them my psu and pay a $160 deposit so they can send me a new one and I'd get a refund after they received my faulty one but I already knew it was going to take a long time since I couldnt trust that the indian guy on the call center would be able to understand my address even if I spelled it out for him. Only had the PSU since November so I was 1 month over the return policy on amazon but still within warranty. Oh well got what I needed and now no more noises and my games feel a lot better. I definitely think the PSU was not operating correctly and causing power issues.

Associate
Hi there,

I have the same PSU and it's been making that noise since I got it in October 2022. Today I decided to do a bit of research on it and it appears that it's very common. The solution seems to be to switch off the 0db fan mode (it's a push-in button at the back of the PSU). I'll try it tonight and see if it works and report back here. I know you RMA'd your old one but it might be handy for someone in the future.

Back
Top Bottom