Asus Rog Strix B550i cant install bluetooth driver.

Associate
can anybody help me with this please. i hit the install button and it brings up what looks like command prompt for a fraction of a second and then it disappears and nothing else happens. ive got no bluetooth icon anywhere and i cant find any option to turn it on or even suggest i even have bluetooth.

Associate
OP
Yea I was. I did that last night and it wouldn't boot after wards. No signal it would say and was stuck on the boot led light.

Trying to find that battery was a nightmare. It is inside the i/o shroud wrapped in some black tape. I didnt want to destroy the tape so just put pc back together and held my metal on the clear cmos pins for a bit longer and hit the power button (while everything was unattached ofcourse) and then tried it and it got to the boot repair screen so I'll do that when I get home later. No time now.

I suppose I should invest in some air cooling parts for testing and setup purposes before I sort my loop out in future because no doubt this would have been a lot easier without them pipes in the way lmao.

Associate
OP
ok so 2 weeks later i get a pc freeze. have to reset and all seems fine apart from bluetooth is gone again. wtf is happening? i guess reseting the cmos would work again but i just cba. i might just buy a cheap bluetooth adapter.

Soldato
Some of your settings isn’t stable and causing hard crash which has affected the BT and wireless for some reason.

stress test your system make sure your opponents are stable individually etc.

Associate
OP
What should I use to stress test things? I've been streaming and playing final fantasy 14 for 2 weeks now and that's the first time I've had anything happen. First time bluetooth disappeared was while setting it up and downloading games etc.

I've never used prime 95 and only really used unigene benchmarks for gpu. I've tried occt but I'm not sure I was using it correct.

Soldato
Go to Tom’s hardware site and they have a very comprehensive list of tests you should do.

pick a couple from each list to test your parts.

Back
Top Bottom