ASUS ROG Strix G15 heat issues?

Associate
A good friend of mine bought this laptop for VR and gaming at my say so, as for the money she had at the time, it was a good deal. Lately she's commented on it getting so hot she can't touch the keyboard.

I did a little digging and found that undervolting the CPU and GPU could have a massive affect on the heat generated under load. The GPU is pretty plain sailing as I have used MSI Afterburner, that said this is the 2060 GPU, if anyone has rough undervolt settings I would be really grateful as it would save a lot of trial and error.

The CPU appears to be a major problem though, it's the i7 10750H, which is apparently susceptible to "plundervolt"? The kernel weakness from undervolting. I mean she's a gamer, not a business woman so she doesn't have security issues and has a full security suite on the laptop too. Looking around I read that a BIOS update was pushed silently through a windows update to remove the ability to undervolt the CPU.
Has any of those issue been resolved or is it a reflash of a previous BIOS the only option to be ale to use the Intel undervolt software?

Associate
might want to consider laptop pad with fan underneeth . sounds funny but it it works.

I have alianware and every time i game i use pad for extra airflow and manualy ramp up my system fans to around 4500 rpm. 100% loaded tepms stay 69 to 79 c . with out pad goes up to 90. fans on auto goes to 95. damn laptops

Back
Top Bottom