• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus ROG Strix or TUF?

Associate
I will soon be buying a Asus RTX3080 GPU, probably October. I have and always will keep to Asus, don't ask me why Asus, I'm not sure myself. Maybe because all my Asus MBs and GPUs have been so reliable, and every time I need technical help, Asus have always responded fairly quickly. Not sure if anyone knows, but what is the difference between a Asus ROG Strix and a Asus TUF Gaming card? The spec is exactly the same for both cards, but the TUF cards are cheaper? Can anyone explain? My present GPU is a Asus GTX 980Ti Strix. Thanks

Soldato
The strix will be the better card if you have the cash. Likely more features, better cooler and overall design, higher TDP and perhaps better overclocking.

Massive upgrade from 980Ti just hope the rest of your rig can keep up!

Associate
You are right, of course, but I can't justify the large price difference for what will most likely be a small performances increase.

might be slightly better silicon, but i think even the none OC models are capable of the 30mhz increase the OC versions seems to have.

Soldato
might be slightly better silicon, but i think even the none OC models are capable of the 30mhz increase the OC versions seems to have.

Last time I looked, there was a £100 difference. so is the OC versh worth it? I think not, and I notice the price gouging has started now these AIB cards are up for sale and not by a small margin either, and all pre-order with some models coming in October! Thank gawd I'm waiting for "big Navi" should knock the prices down a bit But I want the AMD versh over the Nvidia one 'cos I think the price SHOULD be reasonable. Saying that, they'll probably gouge that one as well!

Soldato
Asus charge more because for some reason they think their brand is worth the premium. It isn't. Often their stuff isn't as good as the cheaper stuff.

Also Asus support is some of the worst.

Back
Top Bottom