Asus ROG Strix Z270E + m.2 raid 0

Associate
Are there any issues I should be aware of running two 1TB or 2t! m.2 Drives in raid 0 with the Asus ROG Strix Z270E?

The drives in question are:

SAMSUNG 960 PRO POLARIS 1TB M.2 2280 PCI-E 3.0 X4 NVME SOLID STATE DRIVE

Or

SAMSUNG 960 PRO POLARIS 2TB M.2 2280 PCI-E 3.0 X4 NVME SOLID STATE DRIVE

Associate
Yes there is mate . At least I do anyway . I use 2x 960 evo 500gb each. when I setup raid mode through the ez mode , I can't see the 1tb drive on the right section where boot list is in bios. And when i go to install windows 10 home and install drivers for the m.2 using the Intel rapid software technology files downloaded from the Asus support website it appears on the drive list but it refuses to install. I updated the bios to v0906 but still it won't work. It just seems that when I activate from AHCI (Sata) to IRST in advanced section in bios no m.2 hard drives seem to appear. Give it a shot and tell me if you had luck but this is what I'm getting . Right now what I can only do is install windows on to one of the m.2s and the other storage but the whole purpose of getting these drives was to use raid 0 and take advantage of the intel optane memory technology

Associate
OP
I ended up with 2 x SAMSUNG 960 PRO POLARIS 1TB M.2 2280 PCI-E 3.0 X4 NVME SOLID STATE DRIVE but chose not to set these up in Raid 0 as they are the only drives I have at the moment and I've not had much luck with Samsung SSD's as they tend to fail and with raid that means both drives will go if one does. As it is the speeds are much more than adequate for my needs.

Associate
This should work with no problems should you want to do it. Although for safety sakes I wouldn't recommend it in case of data loss. 2 NVME M.2s is more than sufficient unless you want to though, it is all supported :)

Bill @ ROG UK

Soldato
I believe ther problem with Raiding Samung M.2 drives is that they havent released their own software patch/driver for it so your relying on Intels drivers to do it and speeds aren't reaching what in theory would be their max speed. Even still under intel drivers a single or RAID NVMe ssd is fast enough as it is!

put cash for 2TB and then 3/4 version in the near future :D

Back
Top Bottom