Asus ROG STRIX Z370 Gaming E vs F model

Associate
The price difference is only £10 so leaning toward the E. I’m not that bothered about Wifi & BT but aesthetically I think I prefer the lighter colour scheme of the E and would work accentuate the RGB glow from the I/O shield, RAM, Strix 1080ti and front fan Halos.

The only other extras on the E seem to be:

1) It has a connector for a front USB 3.1 port (my case does not have one but could cable to the 5.25 front panel at a later date.
2) It has a silver colour scheme compared to a dark grey / charcoal colour on the F

However reading the following review:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/11860/z370-motherboards-asus-asrock-ecs-evga-biostar-msi-gigabyte/4

it suggests that those silver heatsinks are metal compared to hard black plastic on the F model. Which ones is not clear but I the M2 heatsink is the same on both. Scrolling down to the comparison pic of the I/O plate it does look like the shroud is metallic on the E. Does anyone know for sure as does not seem to be mentioned on Asus website.

Soldato
My old z270 which was black had metal. Don't think they'd use plastic , not when VRM runs hot !

Both Mobo should have usb 3.1 on the back of the board. Most people use more usb 3.0 internal headers then 3.1 internal

Associate
OP
My old z270 which was black had metal. Don't think they'd use plastic , not when VRM runs hot !

Both Mobo should have usb 3.1 on the back of the board. Most people use more usb 3.0 internal headers then 3.1 internal

Yeah the more I read it the more I think the review is talking rubbish - especially as no other reviewer has mentioned it.

Man of Honour
It states that the F has plastic heatsink covers not plastic heatsinks. The E has metal heatsinks with a brushed metal finish so doesn't need covers in a attempt to look nice. Personally I wish they would do away with all these plastic covers on motherboards. Boards are more and more expensive yet are covered with tacky looking plastic.

Back
Top Bottom