Asus ROG X570 Crosshair Dark Hero Release? *** NO Competitor Talk ***

Associate
Just paused ycruncher for now. I think I also have a weird bug in voltage delivery. Apparently every core shouldn't go above 1.500v but one of my 5 Ghz core is going above.

S0vehFP.png

Associate
@GregI

just for clarification the above screenshot was taken using optimised defaults aside from fTPM disabled?

As older bioses have made no difference I’ve ended up downloading 4002 direct from ASUS

Last edited:
Associate
Just been experimenting and I couldn't get past4.6ghz all core overclock, but managed this on a per ccx overclock. I may just stick with this for my own sanity, will be fast enough for most things, temps are okish too.

Obviously need to test more for stability....

Associate
Did you try the ASUS chipset drivers? If you did then yeah sorry I can't be of more help. I just know some basic stuff.

No I've not tried those ones yet. I guess I can give that a try. While I know it's not going to gain me any noticeable performance increase in gaming at 4k it just bugs me that it's not boosting as high.

Associate
Well I did find something interesting. I assumed the pbo2 settings were the same whether I went into ai tweaker or amd overclocking but I've duplicated the settings in amd overclocking and set ai tweaker to auto and it's given me this

That's with an aggressive curve offset but even with the same offset in ai tweaker the cores were struggling to hit 4700mhz in the second chiplet

Associate
Since I got the Dark Hero and a 5950X I've had a problem where playing audio would cause infrequent BSODs, but only when playing through foobar2k and a USB Bluetooth adapter. Although the symptoms differ, it seems likely that it's related to the Ryzen USB dropout problem that was reported last year.

Since then I've been trying every BIOS update hoping for it to be fixed, but it wasn't even after AMD said they fixed the USB problem. It's hard to be completely sure because it can take hours to happen, but since BIOS 3904 I've played a lot of music without any crashes at all, so I think it might finally be fixed, and I can go back to using foobar2k all the time.

Associate
And of course despite over a month of playing music with no problem, I get a BSOD the day after posting here. Back to using a different music player :(

Associate
Bios 4004 installed since yesterday. A bit of further improvements overs bios 38xx and 39xx (while still having HWInfo display lower frequencies at same settings but I stopped trying to understand ...) : +2/5% in CineBench R15/20/23

Played all night, no bugs, everything was perfectly stable.

For me 4004 is a global improvement over older bios.

Associate
Complete opposite for me. Barely breaking 10,300 on 1.2.0.6b (Cinebench r20 Multi). Back to 1.2.0.3c and 10,450+

Same garbage as 1.2.0.5 which everybody said to avoid like the plague. Not gonna update BIOS until the AGESA actually has some form of a changelog or addresses problems people have.

"Improve system stability" aka have lower boosts clocks so your system doesn't crash. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom