• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus RTX 2080 ti defective?

Associate
Hey guys. I recently purchased the Asus rtx 2080 ti dual, and it's been running fine for the past 2 weeks. Now all of a sudden the fans rev up to 100% when the temps hit 76c. Its never done this before even at that temp. Only started 2 days ago. Is there a problem with the card?

Thanks

Associate
OP
Hey thanks for reply. I formatted this morning thinking it would help and used the driver prior to the new ones but it's still doing. it.

Associate
what software are you using? try MSI after burner and setting a custom fan curve, i always use 30 degree's = 30%. 50 = 50% and so on

Associate
OP
Hey Apone70. Thanks for reply. Will give it a try. I just don't understand why it has started doing this now after 2 weeks. Is this a known problem or is the card on its way out?

Associate
The way the cards work is the hotter they get the lower the clocks are so really you want the fans as high as possible without being to loud. Doing what i said before regarding speeds at certain temps till help a lot, try 100% fans at 80 degrees

Associate
OP
Hey guys. Just an update. It does not seem to matter what curve I set in After Burner, as soon as the temp reach 73c the fans go to 100%. Bu the weird thing is that GPU-Z shows the % of the fan speeds rise with the temps but once the temp hit the 73c mark and the fan speed to 100% it does not show them at 100% RPM in GPU-Z.

Back
Top Bottom