Asus Striker Extreme

Associate
Nelly said:
Hi Lustral,

Is your mate overclocking the Asus Striker? would be a crime not too! :eek:
If you get yours will you be overclocking yours if so post results!

Stock E6600 and MSI 8800 GTX benches just over 10K on 3Dmark2006

So far he hasnt played around with it that much. I want him to post 3.6Ghz on the CPU.

Well of course im gonna overclock mine to bits if i get mine 2moro.

Lusty

Associate
Lustral said:
Stock E6600 and MSI 8800 GTX benches just over 10K on 3Dmark2006

So far he hasnt played around with it that much. I want him to post 3.6Ghz on the CPU.

Well of course im gonna overclock mine to bits if i get mine 2moro.

Lusty
Lustral can you tell us how much you paid for your mobo.............. hope I'm not breaking any rules asking this?

Associate
hardtarget said:
Lustral can you tell us how much you paid for your mobo.............. hope I'm not breaking any rules asking this?

I havent paid anything yet :p Its my mates mobo :p

Besides i get it a lot cheaper anyways ;) but it is still a hefty sum for a motherboard.

Lusty

Associate
That is a +5V rail. Seems this board needs a -5V rail as well.

False alarm just looked on the American forum again and the guy that said that has done a repost, this is what he has now said....

I previously posted that this MOBO needs a -5 V rail. This was bad information I was given by ASUS. I called again and got to a high level tech who stated that their pre sales person was incorrect. IT DOES NOT NEED a -5 V rail so all the new big PSU's will work. Sorry for the poor information.

Grab them while you can as prices seem to be going up, oh and btw Lustral looks nice :D

Associate
LoadsaMoney said:
I knew that, hence the smiley. :D

Hehe im getting mine today ;)

Mines the only one left of my warehouse , the other 6 boards have dissappeared :p

No mention of a VDroop problem from my mate yet , but then again he has barely pushed it.

Lusty

Associate
Im gonna have to run my x1950xtx in it for a bit , till i get a bigger case , i.e TJ09 Silverstone, then i will get my 8800GTX ;)

Might need to invest in some new memory as well.

Lusty

Back
Top Bottom