Asus Striker Extreme

Soldato
H'mm I'm quite careful when it comes to posting stuff in regards to forum rules, which rule did I break? I didnt even mention anything? :confused: *confused*

Associate
Whats going on my post has been deleted :confused: I know your not allowed to post links to competitors, even if its a product that overclockers don't sell? I did try and pm Nelly to ask him for the link, but was unable to use the pm function :confused:

Nelly I do apologise if I have somehow got you into trouble :rolleyes: At the end of the day you know of a site that has the motherboard I am looking to buy and I did try and ask you in private PM, but was unable to?

Every other forum I am a member of I have never come across this before, can someone enlighten me as to why this function has been disabled?

Associate
Got the Strikers in , only 7 of them, they have all gone to back orders. (Cant say what company)

My mate picked up one and is installing it now ;)

I got my name to one and i will get getting it 2moro if my mate says its good enough ;)

Lusty

Soldato
hardtarget said:
Whats going on my post has been deleted :confused: I know your not allowed to post links to competitors, even if its a product that overclockers don't sell? I did try and pm Nelly to ask him for the link, but was unable to use the pm function :confused:

Nelly I do apologise if I have somehow got you into trouble :rolleyes: At the end of the day you know of a site that has the motherboard I am looking to buy and I did try and ask you in private PM, but was unable to?

Every other forum I am a member of I have never come across this before, can someone enlighten me as to why this function has been disabled?
lol I never mentioned ANY competitors either!!!!! all I did was answer the original forum question i.e is it available in UK, which was then totally erased with no reason whatsoever.

I'm 31 spent around £4,000 with OcUK over the last few years, used the previous forums prior to these prior to 2002, I know the forum rules! :rolleyes: at the end of the day their isnt many shops that run a forum dedicated to PC Hardware/Overclocking/Misc Stuff so you have to respect the fact that if you was the owner of a company providing a free forum, you woudnt want your business effected by mere users of a board which is accesable by anyone regardless of being customers.

Only annoyance I have is that I never mentioned any competitors whatsoever, I mentioned that it was available thats in the UK thats all. OcUK now is probally the largest Hardware supplier in the UK in popularity, I would expect this to have a big advantage in aquiring hardware before other competitors, seems to be cropping up in the states which Asus usually seem to give the 1st batches too, Abit on the other hand always seem to give Europe the crop of the motherboards see the AW9D-Max as an example.

I am very careful at what I write & totally respect the rules of these forums to the best of my ability. :(

Anyway positve intelligent conversation /off

Associate
just read this on an American site....

This board requires a -5 volt rail. Most newer, large power supplies do not have a -5V outpot. I had been caught in this trap with Asus before and they just confirmed that they will not provide tecnical support for an instalation where the PSU does not have the -5V. THey should publish this on their product page.

I have the Seasonic M12 Modular 700W Silent ATX2.0 Power Supply, so am I right in thinking this will be no good :(

Soldato
Probally the most sensible logical answer to this, seen as the sensorer didnt even have the common curtisey to acknowlege the original question & give a reason to my message being deleted like the other Don's do.
Elric said:
Anyone know of when we're likely to see this board being available in the UK?
https://contact.overclockers.co.uk/#presale That should answer your question, or maybe ring Asus or E-mail them?

Associate
whenRD600? said:
just read this on an American site....

I have the Seasonic M12 Modular 700W Silent ATX2.0 Power Supply, so am I right in thinking this will be no good :(
It seems to me like your PSU should be fine. See here, there is a table half way down with the specs. I see a 5v rail, is that it?

Associate
Here is some piccys of my mates Striker

DSC00002.JPG

DSC00003.JPG

DSC00005.JPG

DSC00006.JPG

Lusty

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi Lustral,

Is your mate overclocking the Asus Striker? would be a crime not too! :eek:
If you get yours will you be overclocking yours if so post results!

Back
Top Bottom