Associate
Hello guys i just finished building my new pc

5800x

corsair h100i elite

asus strix x570-f

32gm ram corsair vengeance rgb pro

rm850x psu

my old 1070

Long story short, i booted with 4 ram slots in and it gave me black screen with the yellow DRAM light always on.

I tought it was a bios issue, i flashed the 4002 BIOS, tried again, same problem.

After that i removed all the slots, tried with one single ram slot each time and with the 3rd and 4th slots the system boots, when i put anything in the first 2 slots (from the left) the pc won't boot at all, only the yellow DRAM indicator always on. I tried all the different ram 8x4 in the 3rd/4th slot and they all work, so i guess it's not the ram itself.

I also tried to unmount the processor, clean it up, mount the aio again. Same ****.

I honestly no idea what to do. Is it a defective mobo? or what else could it be?

Soldato
exact specs of your ram. i know ryzen 3000 and 5000 chips can be iffy with certain types of older kits of corsair ram, have you tried just 1 stick of ram to see if that will work, if not i'd say your ram is the issue and a updated kit will be needed

in dual channel mode you need to use slot 2 and 4 to boot if you use 1 and 3 the pc will stop on dram logo

Lgn

Lgn

Associate
OP
exact specs of your ram. i know ryzen 3000 and 5000 chips can be iffy with certain types of older kits of corsair ram, have you tried just 1 stick of ram to see if that will work, if not i'd say your ram is the issue and a updated kit will be needed

in dual channel mode you need to use slot 2 and 4 to boot if you use 1 and 3 the pc will stop on dram logo

i resocketed the cpu multiple times, checked the pins, tried different pressure on the aio. No changes.

I've tried all the 4 ram in slot 3-4, and they work perfectly. As soon as i put anything in slot 1-2 there's no boot. Basically i could use the pc using slot 3-4 only. Everything works fine...

This is my exact ram model
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black DDR4-RAM 3600 MHz 4x 8GB

Soldato
i resocketed the cpu multiple times, checked the pins, tried different pressure on the aio. No changes.

I've tried all the 4 ram in slot 3-4, and they work perfectly. As soon as i put anything in slot 1-2 there's no boot. Basically i could use the pc using slot 3-4 only. Everything works fine...

This is my exact ram model
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black DDR4-RAM 3600 MHz 4x 8GB

yeah slot 1 and 3 and 1 and 2 will never boot on amd or intel if your using dual channel only it has to be slot 2 and 4 and nothing else or use all 4 sticks, regarding your ram can you dot down the seral number of the sticks then i can check if they are certified to work on x570

is your ram serial number this

CMW32GX4M4C3600C18

if so it's rated to work with

Intel 300 Series, Intel 400 Series, Intel 500 Series, Intel X299, AMD TRX40 only no mention of x570 i'm afraid

Lgn

Lgn

Associate
OP
One single stick should work in every ram slot, no?
Also, how can a single slot work in the 3-4 slot and not in slot 1-2 if it's not compatible with the mobo?

Soldato
a single stick will yes but the whole kit is not certified to work with x570, hence why a few sticks work but when all 4 are installed the bios/memory controller on the cpu doesn't like it, to get a sucsesful boot all ram has to be installed in slot 2 and 4 for dual channel oporation, sometimes 1 stick in slot 1 wont work either you have to use 2 and 4 same goes for slot 3, it not wired up that way with the cpu you MUST use slot 2 and 4 or 2 or 4 for a boot success

two sticks from that kit may work but only in slots 2 and 4

Lgn

Lgn

Associate
OP
So basically the mboo is broken since it won't boot with 1 stick on slot 1-2 but it will boot on slot 3-4.
No matter the combination, when slot 1-2 are polulated, the mobo will not boot not matter what.

I'll send this trash mobo back and buy a tomahawk from MSI. **** Asus.

Soldato
So basically the mboo is broken since it won't boot with 1 stick on slot 1-2 but it will boot on slot 3-4.
No matter the combination, when slot 1-2 are polulated, the mobo will not boot not matter what.

I'll send this trash mobo back and buy a tomahawk from MSI. **** Asus.

it'll be the same thing with all motherboards manufactures or intel or amd you must use slot 2 and 4 in dual channel mode to get a boot if you populate slot 1 with 1 stick of ram on any motherboard it will not boot if you power up.

have you tried 2 sticks in slot 2 and 4? if that works great its the specific quad channel kit you have thats not going to work

from the msi x570 tomahawk user manual

gbRvlAS.png

Last edited:

Lgn

Lgn

Associate
OP
Please read what i wrote again, WITH EVERY COMBINATION IF SLOT 1-2 ARE POPULATED IT WILL NOT BOOT.
Also, i can boot fine on my old dual channel mobo with 1 single ram stick in slot 1

Soldato
i'm sorry i cant dumb it down anymore, with modern motherboards you must use slot 2 and 4 to begin with i suspect your quad channel kit has a problem once all sticks are used, depending how old you other motherboard is will make a diffrence especially if it only has 2 dim slots vs 4 on the new one, i'm very sorry i can't help you anymore.

good luck finding a solution, and again sorry i can't help

Lgn

Lgn

Associate
OP
IF I PUT A SINGLE STICK IN SLOT 2 THE MOBO DOESN'T BOOT, IF I PUT SLOT 2-4 DOESN'T BOOT. IF I PUT ONLY SLOT 4 IT BOOTS. R E A D.

Back
Top Bottom