Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus (with AMD 3900x) - If you have problems getting 4 sticks to run at 3200

Associate
Info:

Memory 4 x Corsair Vengence 3200 (overclocked) CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
AMD 3900x Processor
Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus motherboard (BIOS version 1005)

I spent days trying to modify voltage settings etc to try to get 4 sticks to run at 3200 as they only seemed to be stable at 2133 anything else and even if i managed to tweak 3200 and get it working the Bios would constantly reset when shut down.

In the end, I set bios to default settings.
Switched off
Left 2 sticks in 2 and 4 slot
Booted to Bios enabled DOCP and set to 3200MHz
Left every other power setting soc voltage etc at defaults apart from the CPU which i changed to 1.35 for personal preferences.

Booted into Windows to confirm 2 sticks were running at 3200MHz

Powered down.

Put the other 2 sticks in 1 and 3

Booted straight up without going into BIOS

4 Sticks showing as running at 3200MHz

No weird Bios reset when powering down like before and not issues since!

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I have recently got the TUF B450, and I got some rated 3333mhz RAM. I have yet to explore too much but used the ryzen memory calculator and noted all the settings and it would not POST. I then tried defaults and just use the XMP settings. THe aggressive profile would not boot either. Tried the 2nd profile which is more relaxed and it boots up and benches etc.

Maybe it is not the memory that is struggling here and another setting related to the CPU is what need attention?

I see a few people are struggling to get good timings using their ryzen cpus - will keep my eye out.

Associate
I don`t like the way the bios keep changing the memory settings , dont know about yours but mine will reset back to default if it fails to boot (asus zenith extreme alpha). Wonder if its an Asus thing ?

Associate
I have no experience at all with oc, but gave my new pc a small boost

3700+ cpu but the tufts x570 mb. My ram is running at 3666 at cas 17 (4 x 8gb sticks, 3600 stock corsair lpx which is cas 18 out of the box) and I have the cpu oc to all cores 4250 (on the safe side as it's my first tim).

I'm sure I could get more from the cpu, ram is pretty much at the ryzen sweet spot from what I gather. Gpu is next to try.

Back
Top Bottom