• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus tuff gaming oc 3090 fitting problem

Associate
So I got myself above card but when i installed the fixing plate where you secure with the 2 screws didn't line up and i had to lift card up to get the screws in. I was careful not to put pressure on when lifting but it made the card sit slightly angled . Never had this problem with other gpu's. Case is a Corsair obsidian 750.D
Just a heads up there is an alignment problem with this card and case. Anyone else having problems with alignment?

Associate
PCIe brackets are fairly standard on cards and cases so it's kinda hard to visualise what you mean. Do you have a pic you could upload. Is the card 100% clicked in the slot? Maybe it's just a chunky card for the case and will take a bit of wiggling to sit right?

Associate
Same here but with O11 air, Asus X570-F and Palit 3090 GamingPro. The PCI lock didn't click, and the whole card feels like is 1mm shorter than should be.
Solution was to lay the case on it's side, connect the GPU, and manually click the lock using a pencil to avoid breaking anything.
Later light pressure moving the GPU to be able to screw the 2 screws required.
on a plus side no sag.
Just using the provided anti-sag thingy for visual and kind of channel the air (bottom intake straight to GPU. a bit of the bottom intake falls on the other side of the bracket, so blow towards the top the hot air leaving the GPU. Great temps. :D:D:D

Permabanned
IMO (like the Jay2Cents video) it is down to the PC case and how the receptors for the cards I/O bracket mate with it.

I have a NZXT Phantom 630, and a Mobo that does not have armoured PCI-E slot and my 3090FE (and all FE's before it) sits solid even before I fit the screws, no sag either and I also need a thin piece of wood like an ice lolly stick (a pencil no longer fits with triple slot 3090FE) to unlock the PCI-E lot to remove the card.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom