** ASUS TURBO 3YR RMA SERVICE: OcUK CUSTOMERS ONLY!! **

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Though Asus is always in our top three of VGA brands and regular in no.1 position simply due to the quality of their product one issue for a lot of customers has being perceived RMA service being poor.

Asus generally offer great service for the reseller the issue being is your then in the resellers hands for RMA terms.

As of today, OcUK is launching Asus Turbo RMA service. What this means for OcUK customers is any VGA card you purchase from OcUK that develops a fault within the 3yr ownership period will have the following actioned within 48hrs of receiving your faulty card back and it being tested as faulty:

1. Replacement for identical card or next card up.
2. If GPU is EOL then a replacement to equivalent or faster performing card.
3. If a suitable replacement is not found then a refund at market value which should enough to buy you a same performing or slightly faster card.

All of the above will be actioned within 48hr of receiving your confirmed faulty Asus VGA product back with ourselves for the complete 3yr warranty period.

We believe this service now makes Asus one of the very top choices for a graphics card as you now have a UK place to return the product for the whole 3yr period with a very fast turn-around time.

So I hope this makes you happy and you welcome the "Asus Turbo 3yr RMA Service" available exclusively from OcUK.

*Asus B-grade items fall under regular b-grade 90 day warranty terms.

**Asus cards returned to us must be un-modified and free of physical damage.

Soldato
gibbo: i then thought that the rest of the manufacturers guarantee was relevant - when i raised that before with ocuk, you stated that the warranty is still valid - i.e 3 yrs less 90 days. does that mean we return to ASUS for a slow RMA process if the card fails in the manufacturers warranty period? or are the manufacturer warranties also now void and it's a 90 day warranty only?

Soldato
Great news, hopefully they reap the rewards in increased sales as well, just 1 question:

**Asus cards returned to us must be un-modified and free of physical damage.

I'm guessing this means the cooler cannot be removed at all? Or can it be removed and if it fails, put original cooler back on and send back with it not physically damaged?

Sgarrista
Commissario
I'm guessing this means the cooler cannot be removed at all? Or can it be removed and if it fails, put original cooler back on and send back with it not physically damaged?

This is why I always go EVGA from now on.

No1) They replace cards with coil/choke noise as they accept that as a fault (try getting any other manufacturer or reseller to accept that)

No2) As long as the card is undamaged and sent back with the original cooler they will accept them no quibbles.

OcUK Staff
OP
Great news, hopefully they reap the rewards in increased sales as well, just 1 question:

Correct use common sense, if you can remove the cooler without breaking warranty void stickers or damaging the car then it is fine to remove it. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
This is why I always go EVGA from now on.

No1) They replace cards with coil/choke noise as they accept that as a fault (try getting any other manufacturer or reseller to accept that)

No2) As long as the card is undamaged and sent back with the original cooler they will accept them no quibbles.

OcUK has being swapping cards out for coil whine for a long time. :)

Soldato
Very good news.

Hopefully Motherboard cover will follow shortly, as I'd pretty much decided that if my Maximus Hero board went down, I'd rather just bite the bullet and buy a new Motherboard than be without a PC for weeks waiting on the (supposedly awful) Asus RMA procedure.

GPU's I could live without for a few weeks, but not the Motherboard.

Soldato
gibbo: i then thought that the rest of the manufacturers guarantee was relevant - when i raised that before with ocuk, you stated that the warranty is still valid - i.e 3 yrs less 90 days. does that mean we return to ASUS for a slow RMA process if the card fails in the manufacturers warranty period? or are the manufacturer warranties also now void and it's a 90 day warranty only?

I'd like more info on this as well.

The remaining warranty must still be valid with Asus so I'm assuming B grade is just excluded from the 'Turbo' RMA service.

OCUK need to sort out this 90 day warranty business on B grade.

OcUK Staff
OP
Guys

B-grade is b-grade, it is vastly reduced in price and sold with a 90 day warranty. You cannot have your cake and eat it, you want a full warranty buy new. You want a big discount buy b-grade.

Sorry guys but on B-grade were not moving on our terms, keep the discussion on topic, this is about new Asus products and not b-grade. :)

Soldato
This is good for the consumer and Asus and well done to Ocuk for sorting this out. I steered clear of Asus because of the 'perceived' RMA issues. Now if you can address the Asus 'perceived' premium tax that will be good for the consumer too. Great job Gibbo. ;:p:D

Associate
Good news, is this for new sales or existing customers too?

My card has dreadful coil whine, the fans rattle and the cooler is loose even though the screws are tightened up nicely, but it OC's great so I'm reluctant to return it.

This makes it more tempting though as it can all be fixed within 48hrs.

Back
Top Bottom