1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** ASUS UK P67/H67 swap out details finalised ***

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by VoG, Mar 9, 2011.

1. VoG

Soldato

ASUS UK have final released details of the swap out process for owners of B2 P67/H67 boards.

http://asus.co.uk/sandybridge_swap/

so there you have it, a 3 month window with ASUS UK, after which, your back to your original supplier.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  2. peterattheboro

Capodecina

I was going to wait until mine broke but I think i'll do it in the window as it seems like it'll be a lot easier!

3. nightmare99

Mobster

As expected no advanced replacements. They will collect your B2 boards and replace them with the B3 eqivilent 7-10 days turn around.

4. VoG

Soldato

i'll do mine around Mayish, don't use the affected ports so there's no rush for me, besides, if Z68 is coming out around then i might well just buy one of those & bung the P8P67 B3 board i get back in the MM, be a cheap upgrade that way.

5. Vertigo1

Capodecina

So is there any word on whether we'll be able to simply return the boards for a refund, either directly to Asus or via the retailer?

6. Gerard

Caporegime

Well thats a pain in the ass :(

7. porkmince

Gangster

tis a pain - think i will take the same approach as VoG

what is the Z68 out of curiosity ?

8. Max3

Gangster

The turn around time is just too much :( tempted to wait for the z68 as well and sell the b3 board.

9. chippy08

Mobster

The z68 board allows you to use the on chip gpu but also allows you to overclock your 2500k or 2600k chip as well.

10. VoG

Soldato

i can't see Asus giving out refunds, least wise not in the UK, & if your outside 28 days, i can't see the retailer giving out refunds either, especially not now Asus have said how & when & at what cost to the consumer the boards will be replaced.

11. Fat Dog

Gangster

7-10 working days? What a joke. What's Gigabyte UK's policy?

12. newhit

Gangster

That........... is a good question:)

13. Treznor

Associate

indeed, not happy with waiting 7 - 10 days for a replacement :(

14. Fat Dog

Gangster

VoG's policy is the only one that makes any sense. Which also unfortunately means Asus will 'get away' with it...

15. Vertigo1

Capodecina

This is a farce and merely reinforces my already low opinion of Asus and their P67 boards in particular.

Going to order a Gigabyte B3 board to replace it then sell the replacement Asus when it gets swapped out.

16. Gerard

Caporegime

7-10 days is a bit off a urinetake, whats to stop them sending out the motherboard and having the courier collect the old one when he's delivering the new one? Ive had a few monitor rma's in the past that offer this service and those screens cost a lot more than this motherboard.

:rolleyes:

17. ~Divine~Wind~

Underboss

Advanced swapouts or as above one courier picking up old one and delivering new one would make sense.

I've always bought Asus due to their warranties, means nothing if they take an age to act tho.

18. VoG

Soldato

bare in mind that 7 - 10 days is only an estimate.

19. Montala

Mobster

There is a space on the form for 'Notes', so I suggest that everyone who completes it makes a request for an advance replacement.

It probably won't make any difference at all , but it will at least make Asus aware of how their customers feel about their policy.

20. Destroyer^

Hitman

How do we know that its not a straight swap at door like they say they give on their warrenty?