*** ASUS UK P67/H67 swap out details finalised ***

Associate
Still abit unsure what to do about this. My 28 days is almost up with OCuK, so unsure whether to just swap to B3. Or wait for Z68. Hmmm, If I wait for z68, maybe I could buy new Z68 then send away for Replacement B3 from Asus then sell it on as Unused. sounds like a plan I think!
Z68 is supposed to be sometime in May!

Associate
Associate
I finally got an email back from the retailer i bought my asus p67 evo from.

they have offered me a full refund (www.ball*com.co.uk)

They or nobody else has b3 stock of this motherboard so what to do?

ive asked if i can do a stright swap when they have stock, il post back.

Man of Honour
personally i won't swap my board out till some time in May, i want to see what price point Z68 comes in at, then i'll buy a MSI or Gigabyte Z68, swap out my P8P67, & sell the replacement so ive had a cheap upgrade.

That's exactly what I'll be doing. I bought my Asus board as I assumed (wrongly) that they'd perform a doorstep swap out and I'd only have my PC out of action for a few hours. I'm not going without it for 7-10 days, so they can sit and spin, I'll be buying a different board and selling my B3 board as soon as it comes back.

Associate
What would be a good alternative to my Deluxe board?

Overclocking being the main objective (need at least 4.8ghz from 2600k)

But reliable (not like my Asus which seems to dual boot no mater what I try! lol)

Associate
my asus evo lets me run at 4.8ghz no problems, has done from day one @1.4volts

ive actually had it stable at 5.2ghz but it takes around 1.5volts so not long term.

if you can wait i would get one of the z67 mobos due out in a month or so, they are supposed to be better for overclocking

Associate
Rather than sending an email, I have just phoned them (Asus), and despite ending up at their call centre in Estonia, I actually found myself speaking with a very polite and helpful Welshman!

I explained to him that we expected to be given the option to receive an advance replacement, such as Asus U.S.A. and MSI here in the UK are offering.

He agreed that this was a very reasonable and understandable request, gave me a case number, and said that he would be passing my comments to his manager (in Europe) who will call me back before mid-day on Tuesday.

I am not expecting miracles here, but he did at least sound as if he cared, and didn't try to get rid of me of quickly as possible, as is often the case.

I will post again when I receive the call! ;)

So I'm guessing you never received a call back?

Soldato
So I'm guessing you never received a call back?

Sorry... it slipped my mind, but I did in fact receive two calls back from them. Both unfortunately on afternoons when I was out, so answerphone messages were left.

The caller (who sounded quite young, and English) said he was calling from Asus U.K. but basically just repeated the fact that Asus in America was virtually a separate company from Asus in the UK, and he again confirmed that they would NOT be offering us advance replacements here.

He also directed me to the registration form on their website, which I had already completed anyway.

I did think about calling them again, but realised that it would almost certainly be a waste of my time anyway, although I still might do so, as I haven't heard any more from them since.

Like most others, I am far from happy with the approach which Asus are taking here, but have now almost decided just to sit back and follow the procedure, as I still reckon that they will get any remaining 'bugs' ironed out in subsequent BIOS updates, and they have managed to make a name for themselves by producing some pretty good motherboards! :)

Associate
My P8P67M-PRO went back today - back to the retailer for a full refund. But I will believe it when I see the credit note.

I would like to inform Asus that I do not need to be part of the swap out now. But there is no form to 'unregister' the board. They can call me and sort it out. I am not going to waste my time calling them :D

Soldato
My P8P67M-PRO went back today - back to the retailer for a full refund. But I will believe it when I see the credit note.

I would like to inform Asus that I do not need to be part of the swap out now. But there is no form to 'unregister' the board. They can call me and sort it out. I am not going to waste my time calling them :D

I have done the same just waiting on my refund cheque as Im not waiting on ASUS

Associate

Same here. The buggy hardware and inadequately tested firmware, I was willing (but only just willing) to put up with until the bios updates were released but when Asus chose to put their customers last, that was the final straw. I RMA'd my pro motherboard to the retailer. I have now placed an order for an MSI motherboard.

Soldato
anybody heard from ASUS yet?

I have just replied to that question here, but as this is probably a more appropriate place for it, what I said was:

"As (not surprisingly!) I hadn't heard any more from them, I did in fact give their customer services 'help line' (in Estonia!) a call this morning, and was advised that as the program runs until May, I will not hear anything from them immediately.

He sort of implied that I might receive an email within the next two weeks, but I basically don't think he had any real information at all.

I again expressed my dis-satisfaction over the lack of any advance replacement policy for UK customers, he which he merely replied that my comments would be 'passed on', which I think is a polite way of saying 'will be ignored'!

Not really the sort of response to endear me to Asus as a company, but is no more than I expected, I have to say. :)

I just wish we could get this sad and sorry situation over and done with, as it is a great shame that it ever happened in the first place!

Associate
I have just received a phone call from Asus direct advising me that they now have stock of the B3 Deluxe boards and have arranged to pick mine up tomorrow. I was also told that if the board was received on Wednesday then the replacement would be sent out the same day.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
I have just received a phone call from Asus direct advising me that they now have stock of the B3 Deluxe boards and have arranged to pick mine up tomorrow. I was also told that if the board was received on Wednesday then the replacement would be sent out the same day.

blimey, how on earth did you manage to wangle that so soon :D

keep us updated on the total turn around time will you, as i think it'll be a while before they get round to those of us with the vanilla P8P67 boards.

Associate

I'm definately interested in seeing what your turn around time is as I'm in Orkney so I can expect to have a similar wait.

Soldato
That's exactly what I'll be doing. I bought my Asus board as I assumed (wrongly) that they'd perform a doorstep swap out and I'd only have my PC out of action for a few hours. I'm not going without it for 7-10 days, so they can sit and spin, I'll be buying a different board and selling my B3 board as soon as it comes back.

You can be even cleverer than that. You can return the board to the shop in May and ask for a refund as it was faulty and its under 6 months. By law they have to do it.

Then you go and buy a replacement with the money.

Soldato
I have just received quite an encouraging email from the the UK office of Asus, which reads as follows:

"Can you provide me with your full address with post code and contact number. So, we can arrange collection of your old motherboard and thereafter deliver your new revised motherboard."

Needless to say I replied immediately, and just hope that I will receive another communication from them sooner, rather than later! :)

EDIT: Well, it certainly was sooner! Within 10 minutes of sending my details I received a telephone call from the Asus rep who sent the email, asking me if UPS could collect the mobo from me tomorrow, and also advised me that they just wanted the board itsef, and not any of the accessories.

He then said that they would receive it on Monday, ship a replacement out to me the same day, which I would receive on Tuesday.

OK, maybe not the best customer service I have ever had, but not at all bad... certainly not in respect of the very quick 'phone call!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom