ASUS VH226 automatically dimming every few days?

Associate
Hey, I have an ASUS VH226 monitor I got from OcUK in 2009.

I use it as my main monitor for my computer in the office, which - in conjunction with a 22" monitor for Outlook - makes a nice setup.

However the VH226 has started automatically dimming itself to 35% brightness every day or so. I crank it back up to 75% but it does it again a little later.

It's not mission critical, but I'd like it to stop happening if possible.

Is there any kind of firmware or software that could interact with it and stop it happening?

I believe, being a minimum of 2.5 years old I won't get any help from OcUK or ASUS either?

Thanks

Associate
You're out of luck as far as OC UK concerns I'm guessing, however the monitor does come with 3 years of warranty according to the asus site.
Complete After-Sale Service

3-year system warranty
3-year panel warranty
Free pick-up service ( in specific countries)
If it's malfunctioning as it seems to be it would be worth trying to get it replaced, they don't sell the monitor anymore since early this year so you could end up getting a different monitor.
If it's happening with the monitor itself (you can see the change in the OSD) I don't think it's even possible for software to change it.

Associate
hello
I have the Asus VH226 as well, and a couple of months ago, started having horrific back-lighting, not so apparent when viewing something, except for black scenes/backgrounds. Does yours have this issue as well?

Associate
OP
I use it in my office purely for Outlook, internet and word so wouldn't notice. I do recall slight backlight bleed when I got it - but now I have a 27" iMac at home so it's fine : )

Back
Top Bottom