Asus X570 Hero WiFi Replacement?

Associate
Hey all. It seems I once again have another dead x570 hero WiFi and to be honest no shame for it. Anyhow I'm looking to see what folks would recommend to replace it? Preferably as close as possible spec wise however I would like to also open to itx of there's something in the "nice" category. I'm not in a position to change CPU and ram as of yet so have to stay AM4 for now but I see x570 is extremely rare and are all replaced with B series of which I have no clue on. All help greatly appreciated and even better if ocuk stock said boards as it's them I normally deal with.

64gb 3600mhz
5950x cpu

Last edited:
Associate
B550 should be fine for what you need, the only real difference from your board is that the second NVME slot will only be Gen3, not Gen4 speed. (assuming you don't need multiple high bandwidth PCIe cards!)
You'll also lose a bit of VRM capability, but there are still good options that will be plenty for a 5950x on air/water cooling.

If your RAM is 4x16GB, rather than 2x32GB, then there may be some differences, but I'm afraid I don't know enough about that to comment.

The following boards have WiFi and 2.5GB ethernet (same as yours), although the strix is currently on pre-order:

If you don't need the WiFi, then the non-WiFi variants of each are a bit cheaper.

If you don't need WiFi OR the 2.5 GB Ethernet, then this is also worth considering (also on pre-order):

Last edited:
Associate
OP
B550 should be fine for what you need, the only real difference from your board is that the second NVME slot will only be Gen3, not Gen4 speed. (assuming you don't need multiple high bandwidth PCIe cards!)
You'll also lose a bit of VRM capability, but there are still good options that will be plenty for a 5950x on air/water cooling.

If your RAM is 4x16GB, rather than 2x32GB, then there may be some differences, but I'm afraid I don't know enough about that to comment.

The following boards have WiFi and 2.5GB ethernet (same as yours), although the strix is currently on pre-order:

If you don't need the WiFi, then the non-WiFi variants of each are a bit cheaper.

If you don't need WiFi OR the 2.5 GB Ethernet, then this is also worth considering (also on pre-order):
Thanks for your reply. I had a look at those board and they "Seem" to be a big downgrade from my ASUS no? Ports at the rear being 1 of them.
Storage is a biggie for me I forgot to mention. I have the 2 slots filled currently and have the ASUS riser to add 2 more nvme via the pci x16 but have to bifurcate I think its called. I also have 5 sata drives and from what I read before is that my ASUS board doesn't disable any of the sata ports while having all pcie ports used.

Associate
Thanks for your reply. I had a look at those board and they "Seem" to be a big downgrade from my ASUS no? Ports at the rear being 1 of them.
Storage is a biggie for me I forgot to mention. I have the 2 slots filled currently and have the ASUS riser to add 2 more nvme via the pci x16 but have to bifurcate I think its called. I also have 5 sata drives and from what I read before is that my ASUS board doesn't disable any of the sata ports while having all pcie ports used.
Ah... Yeah I'd overlooked rear panel connectivity, pretty much all b550 boards have 7 USB A ports and 1 Type C....

Given your other storage requirements (both NVME and SATA), I think you might have to look at upgrading to AM5 as your only option.
There was a place that had your board in stock until recently, but they wanted very near to launch price for it!

If you can consider an upgrade, you could get a board and a 7600 CPU for around the same price, so you'd just need RAM.
Of course if you definitely need the core count then that's not really any good to you either....
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asrock-x670e-pro-rs-socket-am5-ddr5-atx-motherboard-mb-18s-ak.html (4x NVME 5/4.0 and 6 SATA, although you'd have to check whether anything gets disabled by populating other slots, I assume it might!)
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...hz-socket-am5-processor-retail-cp-3dg-am.html (stuck the X in instead as it's only a tenner more at the moment!)

Other than that I think your only option would be to look for a second hand board.... which is probably best avoided!

I assume there's no chance your board is in warranty? :p

Man of Honour
You have a higher-end chipset and one of the highest-end boards, so that's pretty much inevitable unless you want to pay silly money.

B650/B650E and X670/X670E generally have better features "as standard" than AM4, so you could probably get a comparable board more easily, but YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom