Asus Xonar D2X + Seedlink Medusa 5.1's....

Associate
I've been having some trouble with my new hardware and was hoping for some advice. When I hook up the Medusa's to my Xonar, I'm only getting sound from the Front channel. The only volume control that works on the Medusa's is the Front, none of the others work and the resulting sound quality is dire, and tinny. Drivers are up to date and I've tried fiddling with the Xonar settings to no effect.

The second problem Im having is that the output level is really high, even on really low settings, and it keeps activating the microphone when I'm on Teamspeak. I've never used PTT and don't want to start, so any suggestions would be very welcome!

P.S Why oh why do the Medusa's not have a mutebutton? They are supposed to be an uber gaming headset but there's no mute feature.

Soldato
I've been having some trouble with my new hardware and was hoping for some advice. When I hook up the Medusa's to my Xonar, I'm only getting sound from the Front channel. The only volume control that works on the Medusa's is the Front, none of the others work and the resulting sound quality is dire, and tinny. Drivers are up to date and I've tried fiddling with the Xonar settings to no effect.

The second problem Im having is that the output level is really high, even on really low settings, and it keeps activating the microphone when I'm on Teamspeak. I've never used PTT and don't want to start, so any suggestions would be very welcome!

P.S Why oh why do the Medusa's not have a mutebutton? They are supposed to be an uber gaming headset but there's no mute feature.

Do you have the soundcard set to outputting 5.1 analogue with all the Medusa's connections plugged in (3 mini jacks - 4 if you include the microphone)?

Do the newer Medusas still have a stereo mode (might be CD setting rather than DVD, as on the old ones)? I actually prefer my (now very old) Medusas in stereo mode with the Xonar set to Headphones out and Dolby Headphone turned on to the 'proper' 5.1 mode. It might be worth trying - I know that's not why you bought 5.1 headphones though. IMO Dolby Headphone (with stereo headphones) on the Xonar works much better and it's a waste to use 5.1 headphones with the Xonar.

You can reduce the microphone level in the Xonar control panel.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've got all the 3.5mm jacks connected properly, and the USB power cable. I'll have to go back and try your advice when I buy my new gfx card. I found the Xonar CP a little basic compared to the Creative Audigy one I was used to, might be a good idea to study up a little better too. Thanks fella

Back
Top Bottom