Asus Z10PE-D8-WS. Motherboard will not post, stopping at Q-Code B4.

Associate
Motherboard Asus Z10PE-D8-WS
Windows 10
Bios 3004

I can post but I have to try 3-4 times, because, usually it gets stuck at Code B4 and on a few occasions B2.

Any thoughts?

Associate
OP
Codes are for:
B4 USB Hot plug. Take it you have removed all non essential usb devices - can cause failure to boot
B2 Legacy option rom initialisation. Try if you haven't resetting the bios and clear cmos

Thanks for the advice.
When you say resetting the bios do you mean downloading the bios again and replacing it? I have the latest bios.

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
Would this same error stop the system from booting to the bios. I find hitting the delete key does not allow me to enter the bios setup?

Associate
Give this a go, maybe something you haven't tried. There are a people a lot better than me at fault finding on here, hopefully someone else maybe able to help. I would start removing hardware, ram and trying 1 stick at a time, disconnecting hd e.t.c to see if you can find a culprit, found a guide here:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum...roblems?_ga=1.120146952.1287745533.1492323624
Just read it actually and its a pretty rubbish guide

Associate
OP
Give this a go, maybe something you haven't tried. There are a people a lot better than me at fault finding on here, hopefully someone else maybe able to help. I would start removing hardware, ram, disconnecting hd e.t.c to see if you can find a culprit, found a guide here:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum...roblems?_ga=1.120146952.1287745533.1492323624

Thanks. Managed to get the screen on my Cintiq to display sequence. As you can see it stops at B2....
ZG5WUeL.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well after some playing around it now boots ok, but for whatever reason, if I have an external USB attached to the front panel I/O it gets stuck. Same with the display.
If I boot with two on it gets stuck. The only workaround is to boot with one display then once in Windows turn on the other display.

Associate
OP
I am re-activating this old post for anyone who might have this issue.

The issue was that the USB Configuration in the bios by default disabled the EHCI HAND-OFF. By setting this to ENABLED all the issues were resolved.

Problem solved

kJLAHHL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom