1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus Z170-E repair?

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by McVoxy, Mar 29, 2020.

1. McVoxy

Associate

Hi

Has anyone sent their motherboard back to Asus for repair? And if so what was the experience like?
    I have a Z170-E which I was building into a new system for a friend (having upgraded recently), and it's failing to post, power led on, and cpu fan starts, but it does not post, no video output, nothing. Tried it with another PSU too, but still the same.

Ian

2. Tetras

Mobster

This isn't what you asked, but I just wanted to confirm, you're not using a kaby CPU on an old bios are you?

3. McVoxy

Associate

No, it’s an i5 6400. The cpu has never been removed. Came as an 8 Ball bundle.

4. freddie64

Mobster

Is this the bundle? https://www.overclockers.co.uk/8pac...locked-quad-core-gaming-bundle-bu-050-as.html If so, Asus may not help as i think it came with a modded bios to allow overclocking a none K cpu.

Not sure how long the warranty was on that bundle, but maybe worth posting in the CS section. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/forums/bundles-and-systems-support.129/

There is a massive thread on this bundle as well. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...ked-discounted-killer-gaming-bundle.18709079/

What is the rest of the spec? PSU, GPU, etc etc.

Tried with onboard graphics?

Tried both HDMI and DVI-D?

Re-seat the RAM.

5. McVoxy

Associate

I have stripped it back to the bare bones, with only the cpu, memory and ssd. All the original parts that it ran. And also tried reseating the ram. The second psu I tried was the original from the system.
    I was worried about ASUS not covering it under any warranty or being able to repair it due to the overclock.

6. freddie64

Mobster

When did you get the bundle?

Would get in touch with OCUK about it.

If the motherboard needs sending back let them do it and when it gets returned to them they should be able to reflash it for you.

7. McVoxy

Associate

I got the bundle in Feb 2016. Would that still be under warranty?

8. freddie64

Mobster

Don't think so, think the warranty was only 3 years.

Worth asking in CS section anyway, they may still assist but not repair/replace.

Also try the thread i mentioned earlier, it's an old thread but may get help from people who have/had this same bundle.

9. koooowweeee

Soldato

It will be out of warranty but the overclock makes no odds to warranty. Your not overclocking the motherboard.