Asus Z270 line up

Associate
The Asus Rog z270i looks lovely!!11!!1

That said given it won't be seen in my build (covered by huge cooler) not sure what benefit it would have over the asrock z270 board and I prefer the placement of the sata ports on the asrock.

Totally agreed on the looks! The real reason the z270i has me all hot and bothered though is the dual m.2 slots, on an itx board! My next planned build can hopefully go ahead with no 2.5 or 3.5" drives now, just one fast pcie drive and a cheaper m.2 sata one alongside it.

Soldato
Totally agreed on the looks! The real reason the z270i has me all hot and bothered though is the dual m.2 slots, on an itx board! My next planned build can hopefully go ahead with no 2.5 or 3.5" drives now, just one fast pcie drive and a cheaper m.2 sata one alongside it.

I quite fancy dual m.2's in raid!

Anyone know if this board will fit a dark rock pro 3?

Associate
Somewhat valid, but I am speaking in respect to watercooling a CPU and GPU which is of noteworthy and appreciated benefit... it's something tangible that can be measured and seen in respect to temperatures and noise levels. Watercooling a motherboard however...? I don't get it. I love watercooling, but seriously, what IS the point?

Theoretically the point in this case is to help cool the VRM's but I don't know if they really need it or not or if it's just for show.

Now watercooling the SB/PCH that's another matter as they do get very hot but blocks for that seem a thing of the past.

Back
Top Bottom