Asus Z270 line up

Soldato
Will these boards offer more compatibility y going forward with newer chips (cofeelake) than say a 170 board?

Associate
ROG Maximus IX Formula = rumoured to be £355
ROG Maximus IX Code = rumoured to be £305

Under DNA until the 5th Jan for retailers to disclose as far as I'm aware.

Soldato
Why do you need to watercool a motherboard?? Is that REALLY necessary? If getting that board, you'd almost certainly be going full custom, so running tubing from those ports on the mobo to the CPU block looks like it would be a PITA and look somewhat cluttered. And for what benefit??

Associate
Why do you need to watercool a motherboard?? Is that REALLY necessary? If getting that board, you'd almost certainly be going full custom, so running tubing from those ports on the mobo to the CPU block looks like it would be a PITA and look somewhat cluttered. And for what benefit??

When has something being necessary ever been a consideration with high end PC kit ;)

Soldato
When has something being necessary ever been a consideration with high end PC kit ;)

Somewhat valid, but I am speaking in respect to watercooling a CPU and GPU which is of noteworthy and appreciated benefit... it's something tangible that can be measured and seen in respect to temperatures and noise levels. Watercooling a motherboard however...? I don't get it. I love watercooling, but seriously, what IS the point?

Soldato
Just seen distribution prices of these boards.. Jesus !
Extreme wasn't listed for a member that was asking but I'm sure OCUK orders direct or other channels . but from a guess your looking at £350+ (not inc VAT) for extreme and Apex

Soldato
The Asus Rog z270i looks lovely!!11!!1

That said given it won't be seen in my build (covered by huge cooler) not sure what benefit it would have over the asrock z270 board and I prefer the placement of the sata ports on the asrock.

Soldato
Was looking at the Maximus IX Code
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...cket-1151-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-68n-as.html

Why the heck does one of the M.2 drives go at a 90-degree angle to the board (outwards). Is this supposed to give better heat dissipation?

Space? Why not really, not like it weighs anything or has moving parts.

Just seen distribution prices of these boards.. Jesus !
Extreme wasn't listed for a member that was asking but I'm sure OCUK orders direct or other channels . but from a guess your looking at £350+ (not inc VAT) for extreme and Apex

When you factor in the cost of the CPU block its not all bad... Considering the prices lately post Brexit anyway.

Back
Top Bottom