Asus Z77 Sabertooth or P8Z77-V PRO?

Associate
Guys I know I say a lot about the ASUS Maximus V gene but I have the Sabre and the Gene. With the same hardware The gene Clocks better and performs better at stock. The Sabre is a good performer dont get me wrong. The gene has been tuned for the enthusiast by true enthusiasts this translates into better clocking for the everyday users and improved overall stability. Can I ask who has said the Sabretooth is the best clocking Z77 and where is the evidence??

I am not having a go at all thats a fine purchase and board.

You're right about the gene being a lot better at stock, but from what I read the saber pulls ahead when overclocking on both. But if you've had both overclocked on the same chip and seen better real world results from the gene then that's good for anyone considering either of the two.

Apologies on the source but it was a direct comparison between the two from a reliable source, I am however on my phone so I will have to check when I get home later and link it then. Cheers.

Soldato
The Z77 boards are good value.

@Ollie1132 I changed to a fully modular PSU, took my entire PC to pieces, including the radiator and all the tubing, took all the fans out and completely cleaned it as good as new. Carefully put it back together and it still looks like an expensive bird's nest.

My new Corsair 500r has so much room for cable tidying I'm looking forwards to getting my motherboard so I can start plugging the various headers / fans in so I can start tidying the cables.

Nothing wrong with expensive bird nests xD I think my next rig will take no time to build and about 5 hours of cable management :p

Back
Top Bottom