Asus Z87 sabertooth Thermal Radar

Associate
Hi Guys, as per the screenshot below, the temps of my ram are not showing correctly in thermal radar,
note the figure in Dram (red) and the -13C figure in the other part of the picture.
I am wondering if this is a problem with the motherboard or the ram or the software.
I used this ram as I saw it used with sabertooth haswell bundles on the site http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-116-KS&emcs0=2&emcs1=Produktdetailseite&emcs2=BU-160-OE&emcs3=MY-116-KS

103zhn9.jpg

Soldato
Dont bother with it, its garbage i only use it to control the fans on the board on my z77, half the time its popping up with warning about my cpu being hundreds of degrees my 3 and 12v supply only being about .5v even saw it once where it registered my vcore reading as being 12v not 1.2 the software sucks

Associate
OP
I used to have speedfan on my laptop and found it good but on this new build it is showing core temps of 18-19C which is ridiculous when it's 27C outside at the moment :) I'm currently using Aida64 Extreme Edition which is excellent and very accurate. I know the thermal radar doesn't actually report core temps but a sensor near the cpu. Aida64 as good as it is still does not show Dram temps, I have used one of the thermal probes that came with the board and put directly against one the ram sticks so this will have to do for now. It is good software for controlling the fans but for temps it is definitely lacking. It is pity that the sensors on the motherboard can't be integrated into Aida64 somehow. The logitech lcd panel feature on it is very useful while in game etc.

Back
Top Bottom