• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI 4670 HD Good Card?

Associate
I'm looking into getting new graphics card for my build and was considering the 512mb 4670. Now i'm in no way a gamer however I would like to dip into that world so would this card be suitable for a casual gamer like me?

Associate
Thats a difficult question to answer without knowing what games you might be planning on playing and at what resolution. It is a good card and for basic games is more than powerful enough, but if you intend on playing some modern games like crysis or such like you might be better stretching to a 4830/4850.

Hope that helps.

Hawker

Associate
A ATI 4670 isnt going to run games on highest settings on a high resolution. But it will run most things on a normal resolution with mostly med/high settings. A very good value card (and can be silent).

Soldato
At the moment I think the 4830 is the wisest choice for casual gamers, it's that little bit more but... £80 for that card? Great deal!
If you can't stretch that then the 4670 is also a decent choice for the price. That or dip into the used market for an 8800. :)

Associate
OP
Thanks for the info sorry for the vaguness of my post hawker was bit stupid of me. I'm probably going to play EveOnline/RF etc on med settings.

Associate
4670 is a superb card. Had one for a while when I was in-between high-end cards - was after something cheap and cheerful, but I was amazed how fast it ran the latest games (and was running at 1920x1200) - great frames even on fairly high settings, just make sure you leave the AA/AF off.

Associate
OP
thanks for your quick replies maybe I'll just stick to the 4670. Is there any difference between the ASUS/GB/SAPHIRE etc which should make me choose one over the other?

Kua

Kua

Associate
If you're a casual gamer, it's the perfect choice :)

This. I really think you will be pleased with the performance, though it will be interesting to know what you're comparing it too. You will have to compromise on the settings but even Crysis will be very playable.

Kua

Kua

Associate
thanks for your quick replies maybe I'll just stick to the 4670. Is there any difference between the ASUS/GB/SAPHIRE etc which should make me choose one over the other?

Check out the warranties. That's the first port of call. Also in my experience some have much better customer service than others. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give more specific advice (IIRC Sapphire is well regarded). Personally if one is significantly cheaper I just go for that.

Soldato
I am actually buying this card for someone for a new build I am doing for them. I have been told its one of the best budget cards to get right now. Where I am buying it from is pretty much for peanuts. And the person I am building the machine for only plays flight sim games like Flight Simulator. So it wont be a graphic intense game and no doubt the 4670 is more than enough.

Associate
Bought the £60 asus one for my sons pc and he is well happy with it he is playing most of the latest games and as long as your not daft with res and settings it plays them good enough.

Associate
If you're a casual gamer, it's the perfect choice :)

Yep its a great little card given its power and price bracket. Doesn't even require a PCIe power connector either, which is a big bonus for those with OEM hardware. If you're not pressed for time it might be worth waiting for the 4770 though, its going to offer close to 4850 levels of performance for a relatively modest increase in price and power requirements.

Last edited:
Soldato
4670 is brilliant. Got one for my brother's dell and it's great value for money. He can play most games maxed out albeit on his small-ish monitor.

Best PCIe card I could find with no extra power connectors.

Back
Top Bottom