Attack of the killer scorpian

Permabanned
ive never seen anything like that before. In skorps though, thin pincers mean that generally their venom is strong.

I cant see its tail sting though.

Jon

Soldato
TBH:

z16.jpg

DO IT NOW!!! BEFORE IT SPAWNS MORE!!!

Soldato
Where are these spiders comming from? Seriously.

Is it some ones pet thats ran off or something?

Coz this crap is creepy lol.

- Denic

Soldato
Its not a true scorpion, its a pond dwelling beetle that is named after a scorpion because of the obvious similaritys it isnt poisinous as far as I know hope you didnt touch it though ! (no tail = fake scorpion)

Associate
OP
Rich1988 said:
Its not a true scorpion, its a pond dwelling beetle that is named after a scorpion because of the obvious similaritys it isnt poisinous as far as I know hope you didnt touch it though ! (no tail = fake scorpion)

I thought beetles were insects and had 6 legs not 8? Are you offering a definite id or a guess btw? There aren't any ponds or standing water near me but perhaps it came from the drains?

Soldato
freebooter said:
I thought beetles were insects and had 6 legs not 8? Are you offering a definite id or a guess btw? There aren't any ponds or standing water near me but perhaps it came from the drains?

I dont know fo sure but I have seen bugs very similar to that before

scorpion thingmy

its similar but not identical so I guess I was wrong.

Associate
If your in blighty its not gonna hurt you, come on how many dangerous animals do we have in england apart from angry cows and maybe a peeved adder :confused:

I have a bird eating spider in my room that would own that sad specimen of an arachnid and he's about 10 times the size :rolleyes:

Chill out! get a jar and a piece of paper and catch it or splat ot whatever takes your fancy :p ;)

Associate
OP
thanks rich and amatex. A quick google for "false scorpian death-dealing-beetle" brought up a few hits inc a british page devoted to them.

http://www.britishspiders.org.uk/html/bas.php?page=prg&menu=recording

Apparantly there are about 30 types in uk but unfotunately the website is terrible and all there pics and docs are in pdf.

btw it was crawling up a tiled wall. In the last pic the rough surface is the thin layer of grout between the tiles. So it was only a couple of mm long.

I live in London so no woods but there are some big trees along the pavement?

Back
Top Bottom